Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Exterior

Subaru Impreza Forum

Scooby Twin Headlights with Air Intake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Mar 2008, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Scooby Twin Headlights with Air Intake

Hi all, My 95 Impreza has got a twin headlight conversion but I want to remove the two inner lights and replace them with cold air intakes for the cone filter.
Has anyone done this before ? Where can I get a kit to do this ?

Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2008, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Dont think theres a kit to do it with,with morettes the inner lights are usually the best part of main beam so aint gonna be great on dark lanes mate of mine took one of the inners out on a saph cos (the side the filter is) then just used brake ducting from the surround to the filter.still obviously sacrificing lighting though-if ya`d got piaa spots(long range not driving lights)ya`d probably be ok-cant remember with morettes wether the inners come on on their own for main beam or the outers get brighter too-

just pondering wether say if ya took both inners out an just had the lights in the bumper come on for main beam(if they`re spots) that`d be ok, (based on if the outers dont go brighter aswell) would it pass mot?
Old 26 Mar 2008, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

The outer lights do get brighter when I flick main beam on but they ain't great. Currently the inner lights don't come on at all, I'm not sure if they are wired or not, maybe the bulbs have gone. Either way, I will need to replace my driving bulbs with some good after market jobbies, maybe Xenon ? I tried these before and I wasn't that impressed.
I was thinking about wiring the spots in the bumper to the main beam to give a bit more light too.
I guess I'll just have to look in a few shops and buy some ducting to route the light pods to my air filter, has to look good though.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 05:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Theres some options here if youre stuck but most motorsport places will have other options http://www.venairsport.co.uk/product...roducts_id=612
Old 26 Mar 2008, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Thanks for the help mate, I'll have a look

Matt
Old 26 Mar 2008, 08:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

No probs mate
Old 29 Apr 2008, 06:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

totally illegal though mate, beam patterns and also height all count, so check up first as will fail m.o.t and also feds wont like ya