Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Exterior

Subaru Impreza Forum

Install a sti spoiler on a wrx 07?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Sep 2007, 03:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Install a sti spoiler on a wrx 07?

Hi all i have a 2007 WRX Impreza and i want to put the sti spoiler on my car how hard is it to put it on is it a case of take of old one and put new one on?
Thanks Gary
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2007, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Hi, Gary

Found this info. It should be the same for your 2007 WRX.

Q.
Have a chance to get an 04 STI spoiler. I want to put it on my 03 WRX, which currently has the stock spoiler. I was wondering if the STI spoilerused the same mounting hardware and same mounting points and/or mounting holes.

A.
Yep it should fit. Yes it will use the 4 holes which was used by your stock spoiler and the hole for your break light wires. That should hold it pretty good but you might want to drill extra holes for better hold up and for safety because you don't know what will happen when you hit 60+mph and that big wing is just held by 4 screws. I believe the STI spoiler is held by 13 screws (not sure) I put one on my 04' WRX which came with the stock small spoiler and I used 10 screws. That holds it really well. I remembered when I had on only the 4 screws it rattled when I hit some bumps in the road. So I would recommend at least 10 screws. Hope this is of any help. Oh also I installed one on an 02' WRX. So it should fit yours.

Old 06 Sep 2007, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thanks for that info.