Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Exterior

Subaru Impreza Forum

98 headlights on 95 scooby. Possible?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Feb 2006, 03:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Send a message via MSN to Omar_Ramon
Smile 98 headlights on 95 scooby. Possible?

Hi .

I'm painting my car now ('95 Scooby) and it's supposed to be exactly the same "blue" as the header of this forum (what a nice Scooby!!!). I want to do (in the middle future) the facelift conversion, but I would want to change NOW my headlights for those new black housed or crystal.

Do you know if is it possible to use post-98 headlights on an unlifted bonnet 95 scooby? I can customize the grill but the bonnet must remain unchanged for the next 6 months ($$ )

Another question please: on the top header I see a blue "Subaru Stars" badge. Where can I find one? (of that small size, because badges of newer models are bigger).

Thanks.
Omar Ramon
Lima - Peru - South America.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2006, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

looks to me that the only difference is the grill part-never done meself so only guessing
As for the badges can get from here http://scoobyparts.com/main.asp?link=shop be suprised tho if nowhere closer to you does them.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 03:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Ummm. If you see carefully you will notice the bonnet is slightly different: the facelifting and the frontal curve. But I'm trying to imagine the newer headlights under the oldish bonnet. I can solve the problem with the grill.
Old 01 Mar 2006, 12:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

YES! can be done...my is like that...post 98 normal headlights, 94 bonnet, grill and bumper...there is just a small hardly noticable gap between the headlights and the grill and the bonnet...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0417 small.JPG (85.8 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by andyng; 01 Mar 2006 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01 Mar 2006, 04:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

I can solve that gap!! lot of thanks. I still notice a small gap over the headlights and under the bonnet, particularly on the edge close to the grill. The bonnet can be closed without problems?
Old 02 Mar 2006, 12:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

when i bought my car from the previous owner, it came like that...so i do not know if any adjustments were made...why don;t u borrow a headlamp from a buddy and just trial fit it...