Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Exterior

Subaru Impreza Forum

rattle sound from driver (left) rear ?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jul 2011, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Question rattle sound from driver (left) rear ?!?

Ive had this really annoying rattle coming from the rear driver side of my wrx for quite a while. its happens when i hit decent bumps in the road, but not all of them, and never changes in tone, pitch, or anything like that, just the same rattle, like pennies in the door or something, but definitely related to the suspension... its faint enough that i cant hear it if the windows are up, and barely, if at all, if i only put the passenger side windows down. i cant figure it out for the life of me. i thought it was the exhaust at first, as i has a cheap midpipe on my old sti in which the resonator had come loose inside and made a very similar rattle, until it was removed and replaced... so i had done the same with this and replaced everything back to stock, but still the rattle. recently ive had the struts out and replaced, myself, and couldnt find anything loose or out of place, or bent, or even that rusty... the front brakes were done within the last year, and ive had the car aligned 3 times in the last 2 months, with them looking for the issue as well. last month, differential gears broke and the rear was apart, now resolved, replaced, and driving again, but still the rattle. ive checked the heat shields, ive checked for exhaust clearance, ive looked inside the door, the bumper, the trunk, as far into the fender well as i can see, and ive had just about eveything apart that could be serviced, although, it has done nothing to affect how the car drives... its starting to drive me crazy, and i dont want to sell the thing just because of that. any help would be great. thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2011, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Re: rattle sound from driver (left) rear ?!?

Anti roll bar bushes or droplinks? (sway bar I believe you's call it)
Offline   Reply With Quote