Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Exterior

Subaru Impreza Forum

complete respray

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Apr 2011, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Thumbs up complete respray

Hi can anybody recommend any where to get a full respray in the North East of England apart from wizard paint shop click here, im willing to travel if there is proof of previous jobs.

Im only after a few quotes, I know I can trust Wizard Paint Shop as they did my spoiler on the old car Click here
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2011, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: complete respray

What prices have you got so far ?
I was quoted 1400 for a full respray.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 07:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

How come you need a full respray fella ?
Old 17 Apr 2011, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

I haven't got any quotes yet still waiting for one guy to get back to me.
1400 where was that?

Reason I want to get a respray is I want to change the colour of the car and there is signs of rust above both rear wheel arches the size of a 20p coin that the previous own has tried to paint over.
At the minute its silver and only black goes with it and I don't like the after market wheels that are fitted click here, i know this sounds a bit daft but i preferred the original Subaru 16" alloys on my old car as pictured below.
The car I have now looks smart from a distance but close up the wheels are too revealing if you know what I mean. Im thinking of getting it painted black or Mica Blue like my old car.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 06:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Nice to see you have got yur new scoob mate looks very clean you can pick up standard alloys pretty cheap and bung those on eBay or hunters make some profit but I must say they look good on the classic
Old 18 Apr 2011, 11:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo View Post
Nice to see you have got yur new scoob mate looks very clean you can pick up standard alloys pretty cheap and bung those on eBay or hunters make some profit but I must say they look good on the classic
cheers.
The other reason i dont like the alloy wheels is the ride comfort has gone.
There is a few small problems with the car, front wheels need re-balancing its not that bad just a very slight vibration. Near side rear brake disc is warped.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 12:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Colour change is a big job if you're going to do it properly, what colour was you thinking ?
There's a shop local to me, TD Respray, I popped in there and had a look at some of their work.
I'm keeping mine silver though. You could always go for a body wrap in matt black
Old 18 Apr 2011, 01:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-WRX-Import View Post
Colour change is a big job if you're going to do it properly, what colour was you thinking ?
There's a shop local to me, TD Respray, I popped in there and had a look at some of their work.
I'm keeping mine silver though. You could always go for a body wrap in matt black
I was thinking black or mica blue.

I like what your doing to your wagon, cant wait to see it finished.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Are those gold wheels speedlines??? I have a set of 17" speedlines on the 1994 classic that i tried to strip and sell the parts off its off to the scrappers soon as no-one wanted any parts, let me know if you want the wheels, 20 each as tyres are shot
Old 18 Apr 2011, 02:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by procomm View Post
Are those gold wheels speedlines??? I have a set of 17" speedlines on the 1994 classic that i tried to strip and sell the parts off its off to the scrappers soon as no-one wanted any parts, let me know if you want the wheels, 20 each as tyres are shot
Hi, the wheels in the photo are Subaru's 16". Im after 16" as I have 17" ones on at the minute and the ride is on the harsh side.
thanks for the offer though.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 09:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by alunian View Post
I was thinking black or mica blue.

I like what your doing to your wagon, cant wait to see it finished.
Both colours look good on the Scoob, as I said a lot of work though. I'd be tempted to go black, go retro and add some metal flake
Old 20 Apr 2011, 05:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

I can do a colour change no problems, Im doing mine aston martin pearl white with some HOK IP04 violet pearl in laquer, if your in no rush check mine out before you decide il let you know when its done.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 05:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAutos View Post
I can do a colour change no problems, Im doing mine aston martin pearl white with some HOK IP04 violet pearl in laquer, if your in no rush check mine out before you decide il let you know when its done.
Im in no rush, I'll definitely check your work out, as im left almost broke after my accident.
The insurance company im with Highway Insurance part of LV told me when I get the cheque that it was for a like for like car so they would just swap the details straight over. So I get an almost identical MY99 model, called them up and then they demanded 631 upfront (I even protected my 5 years ncb). So the insurance is getting sorted tomorrow, then next wage packet will be to get the rear brakes done as one side has a warped disc and both pads are low.
Then I can start saving for the respray.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 06:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

if u just want the outside done mate price wise your looking at 1200-1500 but for shuts etc its a much bigger job. looking around 2200-2500. hope that helps.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 06:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

looks like i need to win the lottery