Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Engine Bay

Subaru Impreza Forum

will this manifold fit my car?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jan 2011, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

will this manifold fit my car?

hello again chaps i was wondering if this will fit my car Impreza wrx sti uk exhaust manifold headers 93-2005 on eBay (end time 25-Jan-11 12:56:37 GMT) i want the turbo burble!! thanks Ben
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2011, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Scooby
Paid & Proud

Re: will this manifold fit my car?

i have 99 classic.and i have these on mine,so yes they fit ;0)
mines 99 turbo though.

Last edited by stev1193; 02 Jan 2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02 Jan 2011, 05:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

No if u have a GX(N/A) as these are for a Turbo engine from the looks of it.
Old 02 Jan 2011, 05:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Scooby
Paid & Proud

i didnt see the gx part,so i added mines a turbo ;0)
buys some glass`s
no they wont fit.

Last edited by stev1193; 02 Jan 2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02 Jan 2011, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Ok wasn't sure if they all fit the same. Ok thanks lads will a new unequal lenth manifold lower power compared to the stock manifold?
Old 02 Jan 2011, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Stainless Steel Exhausts - Hayward and Scott

they will do u a good exhaust swo you get the nice burble
Old 03 Jan 2011, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Whats wrong with the headers you have, are they split ?
If not I would leave well alone and save the money, if you're looking for a nice exhaust note then just buy a back box.
On a non-turbo model is just isn't worth going to these extremes
Old 03 Jan 2011, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-WRX-Import View Post
Whats wrong with the headers you have, are they split ?
If not I would leave well alone and save the money, if you're looking for a nice exhaust note then just buy a back box.
On a non-turbo model is just isn't worth going to these extremes
nope my headers are fine(as far as i no) im looking to increase power a little and i want to help gas exhaust exit. i might just get a remap from duncan at racedynamix wat you think? im not looking for 10000BHP just even 140 would be nice as it would be faster than a standard GX. also smoother throttle responce would be nice too.
Old 06 Jan 2011, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxwagon View Post
nope my headers are fine(as far as i no) im looking to increase power a little and i want to help gas exhaust exit. i might just get a remap from duncan at racedynamix wat you think? im not looking for 10000BHP just even 140 would be nice as it would be faster than a standard GX. also smoother throttle responce would be nice too.

start with basics full stainless exhaust, performance filter get some good air in the engine, not sure if they do these for scoobs but a power boost valve then look at either remap or ecu chip.
Old 06 Jan 2011, 10:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo View Post
start with basics full stainless exhaust, performance filter get some good air in the engine, not sure if they do these for scoobs but a power boost valve then look at either remap or ecu chip.
at the risk of sounding like an idiot what is a power boost valve? also are they cheepish to buy and install
im gonna get the remap done and then if i am able to do anything as im looking for a flat so money is going to be tight then ill look into a exhaust and maybe lightweight pulleys lol
ps i have a carbon fibre bonnet scoop and i was wondering if a normal garage would be able to put it on for me or would i need togo to a body shop?
cheers
Old 06 Jan 2011, 11:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

A power boost valve is just an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. IMO wont make a big difference - may help throttle response but doesn't really increase power.

Save your money for a turbo fella - not trying to put your gx down but it's the only way to get real power.
Old 07 Jan 2011, 09:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

My girlfriend would kill me if I had a turbo lol. I had a 210bhp Toyota alteza and it went pete tong so now she thinks all really fast cars are going tone trouble lol like issue I'm not looking so masses amount of speed I just enjoy changing things on my cars. I had a civic sport 04 plate and spend 1500 on it doing very subtle upgrades mostly audio but the good feeling is that I no that it's different from other civic sports. I want my gx to be slightly faster and all round better car than other gx's. I'm aiming for 150 bhp. I think with a relatively small amount of money I will be able toacheive this. A turbo really isn't an option when your under the thumb lol I'm only 21 so a gx is perfect for me at this stage insurance wise. I no some of you guys think it's not an impreza unless you have a turbo but I'm 21 I have an impreza and it doesn't cost me an arm or a leg so I'm happy lol
Old 07 Jan 2011, 10:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Nothing wrong with a GX mate, I know a few owners of them and they love them,
the awd is safe and gives them confidence where a 2wd car wouldnt,
So your a little down on power, its not the end of the world as most of the time we are on a 30mph road or sat in traffic.

edited to add : thats why I drive a diesel day to day, does that make me less of a Subaru owner?
Old 07 Jan 2011, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxwagon View Post
My girlfriend would kill me if I had a turbo lol. I had a 210bhp Toyota alteza and it went pete tong so now she thinks all really fast cars are going tone trouble lol like issue I'm not looking so masses amount of speed I just enjoy changing things on my cars. I had a civic sport 04 plate and spend 1500 on it doing very subtle upgrades mostly audio but the good feeling is that I no that it's different from other civic sports. I want my gx to be slightly faster and all round better car than other gx's. I'm aiming for 150 bhp. I think with a relatively small amount of money I will be able toacheive this. A turbo really isn't an option when your under the thumb lol I'm only 21 so a gx is perfect for me at this stage insurance wise. I no some of you guys think it's not an impreza unless you have a turbo but I'm 21 I have an impreza and it doesn't cost me an arm or a leg so I'm happy lol
It's hard when the misses controls the , mines given in now but when I first started spending money on my classic she was always moaning.
The GX is a nice motor and I'm sure you'll be happy with it, all I was saying in my earlier post was that past experience has taught me not to spend to much money searching for power.
If you want to get a bit more out of the GX then open up the breathing with exhaust and filter but I wouldn't go much further than that (just my opinion )
I wouldn't spend any money on headers though.
You're only 21 too, so insurance will still be a killer on a turbo. Keep grinding her down mate, it worked for me
Old 07 Jan 2011, 01:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-WRX-Import View Post
It's hard when the misses controls the , mines given in now but when I first started spending money on my classic she was always moaning.
The GX is a nice motor and I'm sure you'll be happy with it, all I was saying in my earlier post was that past experience has taught me not to spend to much money searching for power.
If you want to get a bit more out of the GX then open up the breathing with exhaust and filter but I wouldn't go much further than that (just my opinion )
I wouldn't spend any money on headers though.
You're only 21 too, so insurance will still be a killer on a turbo. Keep grinding her down mate, it worked for me
she is a tough cookie lol yeah im happy with my gx. was a massive shock from going from the 210 bhp to 125!!! but im ajusting lol plus my girlfriend and i are having a Baby so money is going to be tighter than a ducks arse lol. worth it tho as im sure you wil agree. Matt-WRX-Import i no what your saving if i am aiming for 300ph monster a wrx or sti is really the only option. maybe when i get a promotion and im 25 ill be able to get a blobeye wrx as they look AWSOME!!! lol yeah i think ill put the headers on hold for now as they should be able to cope with the tiny bit of extra power that i am hoping to get lol. thanks for the help and advise guys very insiteful