Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Engine Bay

Subaru Impreza Forum

Non Starter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Dec 2010, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Non Starter

over winter i been working on my car doing the injectors and fitted my front mount intercooler. now my car wont even start. i double checked tthe engine and all the bits are put back together.

as soon as i turn the key, its like a loud clunk and thats it, it wont even try to turn the engine over before starting.

i changed my wrx injectors with the 440cc injectors including the spacer kit, i cant see how the intercooler can affect the engine.

i charged the battery, also tryed battery off my other car and does the same thing

it ran perfectly normal before changing the injectors, also theres no fuel leak in the engine bay

dunno what i should check next, really puzzled
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2010, 12:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: Non Starter

just to note also with the loud clunk trying to turn it over, if you leave it a bit its not the same noise each time, it goes that little bit further but then back to normal. even if there was no fuel getting in it should still turn over?
Old 31 Dec 2010, 04:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

is the water frozen ?
does it sound like a starter motor sticking ?
Old 01 Jan 2011, 09:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

just a little update , car is all fine just me getting paranoid about seized engine

all i did was take the spark plugs out and petrol came gushing out of 1 cylinder, so just turned the car over with out the spark plugs few times and put them back in. started 1st go (my fault as i forgot to put the spacers on 1st attempt)

how series is it running the car with the bigger 440cc injectors and fuel pressure reg set at 44psi, boost is at 17psi,

i know its recommended to get the esl daughter board fitted but its booked in for middle of January, is the car ok to use in the mean time or shall i just leave it until the day ?

cheers