Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Engine Bay

Subaru Impreza Forum

radiator deflector/ with pics ..you got to check this out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 May 2005, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

radiator deflector/ with pics ..you got to check this out

:shock: HI EVERYBODY..Please read .if intrested please pm or phone me 07969 913777....as ive got a local company willing to make these up..check um on the net they sell for £60-80.will be cheaper than this and the quality is outstanding..pics soon..cheers mike... ...Up to 20% of the air that enters the front of the car through the radiator grille is lost upwards between the slam panel and the underneath of the bonnet.
the polished stainless steel cover directs all of that wasted cold air through the radiator giving a cooler and more efficient coolant system. The radiator air deflector forces more air through your radiator increasing efficiency, engine longevity and reducing engine temperatures.
Air enters the grill of the WRX/STI and is pushed through the radiator cooling the motor. Some air escapes around the top of the radiator limiting its efficiency.
The radiator deflector easily mounts under the hood, bridging the gap between the panel support and radiator. This limits the amount of air that can escape over the radiator, forcing more air through the radiator core. This simple bolt on piece will increase performance and accent you're under hood performance modifications.

The radiator air deflector is made of polished stainless steel and is therefore corrosion resistant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture_001_167.jpg (60.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg picture_007_105.jpg (60.0 KB, 36 views)
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2005, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to buzz
nice one mike, cant wait to see the pics

Buzz
Old 25 May 2005, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

sounds good - intersted to see pics - will it fit MY01 Bug Eye??
Old 30 May 2005, 06:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

rad deflector

:shock: hi all...the pic you see is the real thing. that the company have made for me ...price depending on how many. should be looking in the region of £45 inc p+p.....all in..if intrested please pm or mobile 07969 913777..as the more that want um the cheaper they become..also looking into making these in ally..various colours....cheers all ...mike :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture_006_462.jpg (59.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 31 May 2005, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Mike - Good to talk to you - I will call you next week when you have the samples.
Old 02 Jun 2005, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

rad deflector

hi johnboy...nice to talk..have samples in my possession..posted pic on here..got to check fitting on new age on weekend will keep informed... will be fitting to my classic .further pics to follow...cheers all...mike
Old 02 Jun 2005, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: rad deflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepic
hi johnboy...nice to talk..have samples in my possession..posted pic on here..got to check fitting on new age on weekend will keep informed... will be fitting to my classic on weekend..further pics to follow...cheers all...mike
Please do keep us informed
Old 02 Jun 2005, 09:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Did a rad plate mod on a mates RB5 a week or so ago. Nice straight forward mod. Looks well 8) when it's finished.
Old 02 Jun 2005, 09:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

rad deflector pics.

:shock: hi everyone...check out the pics..and then think? do i want my engine bay to look as cool as this.....these rad deflectors are now avalible..only takes 10 mins to fit...pm or mobile 07969 913777,for details...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture_007after_172.jpg (57.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg picture_005before_175.jpg (69.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 03 Jun 2005, 07:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Mike - nice one - they look brill - your engine is well clean - fancy comming up to London to clean mine!?!?!? I'll give you a call next week to see how it fits on Bug Eyes - cheers John
Old 03 Jun 2005, 08:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Mike - you could also make other bits in stainless - door entry guards - 5 door load shield - grills - walk before you can run?? It looks so good (better than the Cusco one)
Old 03 Jun 2005, 04:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

rad deflector

hi johnboy..thanks for the post....clean engine bay every other week.with tetroclean engine cleaner...it,s cheap -£10 gallon ....and does a great job..see pics....local motorworld sells it...cheers with the other ideas..want to see how these rad deflectors sell first...dont wana jump in to deep yet..now what i mean..looking into having these also made up in ally..then they can be Anodised to a particular colour to match the vehicle that it,s going on.......thanks again mike...
Old 03 Jun 2005, 05:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

rad deflector

:shock: fitted this last night..had to drive to bath today..noticed the temp needle does indead read slightly lower than it did before fitting...so the temp must be running lower...will keep up date on here...hope you all read this...thanks to all who posted replys..cheers mike
Old 05 Jun 2005, 04:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

rad deflector

:shock: hi all...been checking today fitment on bug eye...in the process of designing the panel to fit..needs developing...will keep you all informed...these are going to be either stainless steel or ally..depending on feedback...cheers all...mike
Old 09 Jun 2005, 02:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

mine looks a bit different