Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Engine Bay

Subaru Impreza Forum

Spark Plugs running Octane Booster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Apr 2009, 04:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Spark Plugs running Octane Booster

Reading Spark Plugs Good guide to read your spark plugs.How to Read Used Plugs: DENSO Iridium The first 4pics shows when I used 95unleaded in the car for about 1month the first pic is from cylinder 1 then 3,2and 4 these plugs are Denso Platnium had the Irrdiums didnt notice much difference in the engine and Platniums are cheaper must get their exact spec the next 4pics are running LUCAS octane booster Lucas Octane Boosterfind it excellent so running 95unleaded and LUCAS always try to get mix right seen tests Lucas Octane Booster Test. One Tank One Bottlefor LUCAS for every 37.7litres of petrol it will gurantee you 3.6 octane number so thats going by the starting octane rating you filling up at your garage cant really ever get super unleaded here v hard just the 95octane going by garage starting octane rating averages 95.5 so if this is the constant through mix my car running 99.1 octane always thats provided starting octane rating is 95.5 always fill up with 45litres nearly wait till light comes on and fill her back up to my max allowed of 25 galllons 94litres roughly thats max allowed with booster looking at the plugs the first 4 they seemed to be great running 95octane but strongly suggest always run high octane fuel in these engines looking at porcelian thank god no detonation what so ever and plugs look spot on the car did retard boost running 95unleaded but again use super unleaded I would always if I could source it here as have to run octane booster with the 95octane till I get her mapped soon. 95octane and LUCAS the next 4pics are in same order cylinder 1then 3, then 2 and 4 you can notice straight away plugs run a bit warmer and different colour due to additive but can not stress how important it is to run these engines on super unleaded cause have heard a lot of stories with just running 95octane and engine pops due to detonation going by my plugs my engine seem to retard the boost and was running great but dont know for how long before the engine might have enough of the low octane fuel but at the very least always run the octane booster LUCAS OR the Austrailian brand NF NF Octane Booster Looking forward to get her mapped

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 31 May 2009 at 04:03 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote