Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Engine Bay

Subaru Impreza Forum

Induction kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Dec 2008, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Induction kit

Hi this is my 1st proper post so please be gental..

My wife bought me a universal induction kit for my 56 plate hawkeye wrx.. the induction pip is the correct fit with a fitment for the airflow sensor thingy....

I can fit this myself however, i have had 2 people tell me 2 completly diff things

1. a tunner shop said i would need a remap...
2. dealer phoned prodrive rally team and was told no i wont need a remap....

whats the crack with this as i love induction kits and have fitted one to eery car i have owned as i love induction roar....

next plan is a turbo back system
dump valve.
sti turbo and injectors
remap

but i am gonna fit the induction 1st and a dump valve..

help please cos its sitting in the box next to me crying out to be fitted!!!!!!!

cheers all
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2008, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Re: Induction kit

ooo and has anyone had any experience with the cheap stuff on ebay... ie is it any good what to stay celar off ect ect
Old 01 Dec 2008, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

30,000mile on full decat and induction kit no remap all`s well,induction kit and exhaust were the first things i changed on my Classic That said not sure wether later cars are more tempremental.

Just make sure the induction kits suitable for an impreza-mainly large enough so it isnt causing a restriction in getting the air in.

Had a green induction kit on mine first then bought a jetex universal rated suitable for well over the bhp mines producing.

jetex

Green
Old 01 Dec 2008, 08:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Scooby

cheers for that.... the story on the remap is that most newage scoobys cant take bolt on mods.... is this true?
Old 01 Dec 2008, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

As far as the decat goes you`d need a celfix or remap(you always get the most out ya mods with a remap however its just the `s), if im honest though dont think the filter would hurt anything-probably better askin the others on here as im still learning meself on late scoobys.
Old 02 Jan 2009, 02:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Scooby

ok i fitted the filter.... the car sounded ok heard the standard bov and the turbo spool ... but no great induction roar which is wh i wanted and iduction kit...... i have heard if you bpass the bottle thingy in the wing you can hear the same thing.... biv an better turbo spool sound..... is this true and how do i do it......
Old 02 Jan 2009, 08:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Typically if youre after the roar ya get from say throwing an induction kit at a corsa it aint gonna happen(just gave that as an example as i figure anyone who`s been around the car scene a whiles heard em)-close to twin carbs with trumpets sort of induction roar-will never be like that.

I only fit induction kits for performance(though the bit of extra space in engine bays welcome)-sound from its irrelevant to me.
Old 02 Jan 2009, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Scooby

cheers man..... i am getting a noise like the bov is half open tho when crusing just below boost......my wife says its like griindin but i have head the dump valve do this before on an old rover vittesse i use to have way back.. speaking of which i had a k and n on that a 2ltr turbo and got a nice roar from the infuction kit and also the mg i had mg zt had a k and n with a nice roar..... more of a whooop whooop noise...lol/.........the standard bov does sound sweet now tho.. and this was a cheap ebay buy.. the pipe is a good fit and has space and screws for the sensor....... very nice fit... will def change the filter element tho
Old 26 Feb 2009, 07:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

i remove air box in inner wing from 03 wrx,induction noise is more noticable now.easy job get at it from under car.may need 2 jack it up