Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Engine Bay

Subaru Impreza Forum

Engine swap from a 2013 wrx to an 08 wrx?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Aug 2015, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Exclamation Engine swap from a 2013 wrx to an 08 wrx?

Hey guys, i apologize if this post is in the wrong area. I have a 2008 WRX and the engine is pretty much done, the power loss is horrendous and its smoking out of the exhausts so ive been looking for a car/engine to swap it out because i really dont want to get rid of it. I found a 2013 wrx that is wrecked in the back, but they kept it and are attempting to part it out. It only has 15k miles and the engine and tranny both look to be in pristine condition. I offered to buy it once ive done enough research but i cannot find anything that has helped me, just others asking on forums if their idea would work, and here i am. I do no know alot about cars, so i dont want people bashing me, the engines are both turboed 2.5L 4 cyl so i would assume it will fit, my overthinking mostly just wants to know if subaru has changed any of the engine mounts and stuff like that over the 5 year span that would make it more of a hassle than is needed. I would appreciate any help or advice, thank you all in advance.
Offline   Reply With Quote