Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Engine Bay

Subaru Impreza Forum

will a classic wrx engine fit a bugeye wrx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Feb 2013, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

will a classic wrx engine fit a bugeye wrx

i have recently bought a bugeye wrx with a blown bottom end. i have had many classic subaru`s and have done many engine swaps hahaha. will a classic wrx engine go into my bugeye and marry up to the gearbox and loom etc??????????
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2013, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: will a classic wrx engine fit a bugeye wrx

I've got a WRX bugeye and I blew my engine up and it took me over a year and 3 engines to get the right one. Your engine number is probably EJ205... I bought one off ebay and got robbed after paying to get it fitted that also had a bottom end knock..... I bought one from Gumtree and the same thing happened and I was robbed again, So I saved up again and eventually bought one from Jap parts with a warranty etc. and I traded in one of my broken engines and got 200 off my price. It's cost me a fortune trying to get my bugeye on the road... just be careful if you buy over the net... make sure your payment is protected and you can claim your money back if you get conned. Keep away from 'reconditioned engines.co.uk' they also operate in many other names, I sent my car to London to be rebuilt when it first blew up, I transferred 2500 to them after they took my car... they then said they needed another 1000 which I transferred to them and then I couldn't get in touch with them for over 6 months.. they were only supposed to have my car for a week, eventually a police officer called me anf told me they had seized my car from this company and I had to collect within the week, I arranged a transporter to pick it up and when I got it back it was just a shell with random bit and bobs in the boot, the engine bay way empty my 2500 Turbo that I had was gone every thing of value was gone and I couldn't do a thing about it. These robbing bastards have been doing this for about 15 years and when authority's catch up to them they fold their business as bankrupt.... don't pay anyone back and just change their company name and start again and somehow this company is not breaking the law as everything is covered in their bible thick terms and conditions.
My Scooby is still not on the road and it's cost me more than it will ever be worth... it's just a really expensive garden gnome :-(
Old 27 Apr 2013, 10:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to Technical_Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by saz69 View Post
I've got a WRX bugeye and I blew my engine up and it took me over a year and 3 engines to get the right one. Your engine number is probably EJ205... I bought one off ebay and got robbed after paying to get it fitted that also had a bottom end knock..... I bought one from Gumtree and the same thing happened and I was robbed again, So I saved up again and eventually bought one from Jap parts with a warranty etc. and I traded in one of my broken engines and got 200 off my price. It's cost me a fortune trying to get my bugeye on the road... just be careful if you buy over the net... make sure your payment is protected and you can claim your money back if you get conned. Keep away from 'reconditioned engines.co.uk' they also operate in many other names, I sent my car to London to be rebuilt when it first blew up, I transferred 2500 to them after they took my car... they then said they needed another 1000 which I transferred to them and then I couldn't get in touch with them for over 6 months.. they were only supposed to have my car for a week, eventually a police officer called me anf told me they had seized my car from this company and I had to collect within the week, I arranged a transporter to pick it up and when I got it back it was just a shell with random bit and bobs in the boot, the engine bay way empty my 2500 Turbo that I had was gone every thing of value was gone and I couldn't do a thing about it. These robbing bastards have been doing this for about 15 years and when authority's catch up to them they fold their business as bankrupt.... don't pay anyone back and just change their company name and start again and somehow this company is not breaking the law as everything is covered in their bible thick terms and conditions.
My Scooby is still not on the road and it's cost me more than it will ever be worth... it's just a really expensive garden gnome :-(
didnt you ring any proper garages?
you were taken for a ride price wise,
Companies like API would have done what you wanted and given you changed from your initial amount.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Just saw the company you got ripped of by on TV channel 5 COWBOY TRADERS defo one to be wary of they have changed their name 17 times !!!