Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Engine Bay

Subaru Impreza Forum

has anybody fitted one :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Feb 2012, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

has anybody fitted one :)

hi all just a queery befor i start chopping i have a 97 wrx wagon and i have just brought a air fuel ratio gauge but what o2 wires do i connect it to the gauge has has 2 red wires 2 black wires and 1 green any help would be great
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2012, 05:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Re: has anybody fitted one :)

I need similar help. With my gauge i have green (sensor) red (12v constant) yellow (dimmer) and black (earth). Mt car is a 95 jdm. Ive piggybacked the wire on the ecu for both sensor and 12v feed and have wired in the dimmer, hooked up to an earth. The gauge lights up when i switch lights on but theres no reading showing? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. The instructions basically say the above but also mention a purple wire, i cannot tell in the diagram if this is supposed to wire up to a light or switch of some sort? Instructions are crap tbh. Like say any help greatly appreciated. Regards Gareth
Old 05 Mar 2012, 07:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

hi sort of figured this out for myself today altough i have 2 red and 2 black hooked them up for live and earth but one green which i have hooked up with my signal wire off of my lambda sensor which is black and i get a reading hope this helps
Old 05 Mar 2012, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Hi just out of interest is your gauge a wideband or narrowband gauge? Digi or dial type? Regards Gareth
Old 05 Mar 2012, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

just get the pin outs for your ECU`s and find the 02 sensor connection, obviously not the heating circuit, I soldered a bullet connector in the loom close to the ecu,
its a volt meter (the AFR meter) so it will change in the blink of a eye so they arent very good unless you spend some cash on a proper wideband.
Old 05 Mar 2012, 08:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

so for a 1997 you want B136 5, so its the middle plug and top row pin 4 from left, now look at that location on your ecu and see what colour the wire is, then solder your connection to that wire, a 1995 wrx is B43 6,far right plug top row pin 6 from left.

JollyGreenMonster.co.uk

all the information is out there lol
Old 05 Mar 2012, 09:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

I used the same diagram off Si's website. My gauge is a wideband gauge and according to the instructions they work with 3 and 4 wire sensors. Ive piggybacked the wire for now until i get a reading then will wire more permanant. Im gunna remove my +ve feed off ecu and find a perm feed behind the dash. Appreciate your help with this.