Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Engine Bay

Subaru Impreza Forum

classic exhaust on a bugeye

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jan 2012, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

classic exhaust on a bugeye

Hi all, Can anyone tell me for definate if a subaru impreza classic gc8 3" stainless exhaust fit a bugeye 2.0 GX none turbo, after the midsection to the end ???

Iv heard its only the hangers thats slightly different and need bending but i need to know for certain because iv got the chance of buying one and dont want to waste 100!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2012, 02:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Re: classic exhaust on a bugeye

one hanger needs cut off and rewelded but apart from that its fine
Old 08 Jan 2012, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambles View Post
one hanger needs cut off and rewelded but apart from that its fine
thats great thanks mate
Old 09 Jan 2012, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Just picked my new exhaust system up, got the car on the ramps in my mates garage, offered it up with my original exhaust still on the car and it looks like its going to be a VERY tight fit, if infact itl even fit at all!!! i just hope itl go on or itl be back up for sale again :S
Old 09 Jan 2012, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

at least the rear box wont hit the rear arb, it will be about 20mm too short, I managed to get a 2.5 inch flange and popped it in like a big washer, a bit of exhaust paste on each side or buy another gasket if your posh lol
Old 09 Jan 2012, 01:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye_bob View Post
at least the rear box wont hit the rear arb, it will be about 20mm too short, I managed to get a 2.5 inch flange and popped it in like a big washer, a bit of exhaust paste on each side or buy another gasket if your posh lol
the pipe on my Scooby is either 2" or 2.5", the pipe on this system is 3" , iv been ringing all over today to try find a reducer but nowhere seems to sell them so looks like im gonna have to order one off ebay! my mechanic mate said to bring it down at 3.30pm this afternoon, he thinks he can get it on without the reducer (dont ask me how) so im going down to see later. It looks wicked compared to the one thats on mine now, so im REALLY hoping i can get this to fit!!! im tryin to upload sme pics of it

Last edited by w33lerd33ler; 09 Jan 2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09 Jan 2012, 01:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Dont know if this is gonna work, first time iv tried to add pics but here goes!!!
Does anyone know just by looking at it what kind it is??? its a bit mucky and dusty, been sitting in a bodyshop for a few months after the lad took it off his GC8 (which was gorgeous by the way!!!)

Old 09 Jan 2012, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Can anyone tell me if the bolt holes on the standard mid section 2.5" flange will match straight up to the flange bolt holes of this 3" exhaust or will i have to buy some sort of adapter kit?
Iv read that the flanges are the same, its just the exhaust bore in the flanges that are different but id rather know for sure before we mess around removing the whole back section to fit this only to find the holes dont match up?? :O
Old 15 Jan 2012, 12:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

thought id post a quick update... i eventually got round to trying this exhaust on my bugeye, sorry to say it went abolutly nowhere near! everything was a different shape, nothing lined up and the whole back section was a good 4" longer than the normal bugeye one, so in shory, iv got the whole system back up for sale and have stuck with my original WRX one for now. Hope this is of some help to anyone thinking of buying a classic exhausy for a bugeye, DONT lol.
Old 15 Jan 2012, 12:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

yet mine fits fine lol lol lol
Old 15 Jan 2012, 11:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

strange,i sold my old classic system to a mate with a bugeye,fitted no worries at all...you sure you didn't have the middle section round the wrong way??