Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Engine Bay

Subaru Impreza Forum

few bits and bobs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Nov 2011, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to woodo
few bits and bobs

hi guys car has just had the bodywork done on it looks immaculate! ive a few problems with my car, first one is i believe clutch release bearing is about dead it rattles till i depress the clutch and whne im driving it whines under accelration, engine and box seem fine so im hoping its just this bearing!
while the engine is out im replacing downpipe as it was bodged for mot it had a hole in it and has just started blowing again, and the other thing is how many cats does a 92 wrx import have? does it just have the one on the downpipe or one on the uppipe too if it does il replace this one as well. and the last part of my essay does anyone use an intercooler nitrous express kit? ive seen this on a few skylines and theres one on ebay at the minute off an impreza they have a good write up as the nitrous doesnt enter your engine but is blown onto the intercooler too cool it down, are they a gimic or for 160 sheets would it be worth a go?
Old 29 Nov 2011, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to woodo
Re: few bits and bobs

oh and another thing :P sometimes when i start the car the starter wont turn over, but will five minutes later, i can hear the straters gear wind out but it wont turn over. ive checked all wiring new battery ad new starter motor but it still does it now and again, any ideas? unless some clutch bearing is sat in the flywheel teeth :S