Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Engine Bay

Subaru Impreza Forum

engine check light boost solenoid problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Mar 2011, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

engine check light boost solenoid problem

this morning while under my dash adjusting the clutch pedal i noticed there were a couple of plugs disconected, curious at this i plugged them in and turned on the ignition, immediatly i could here the rapid clicking of the boost solenoid i was about to take it for a spin when i noticed the engine check light was flashing.

i unplugged it and the engine check light doesnt flash anymore.

i have been trying to figure out why when im sitting on motorway in 4th or 5th (most noticable time) that the cars boost is very irratic, it goes up and down like a yo yo.
now im assuming by my recent find that i have an issue with the boost solenoid (3 port) and thats why the previous muppet unplugged it. which would make me guess that i have been running with out a boost controler, i do get boost spike when i floor it but max is 15 and settles very quickly around 11 sometimes 9 sometimes 12 lol! although does move alot

my question is : is the boost solenoid faulty! should i just replace and if so can i use any factory 3 port from any model of same age ( ish)

i havent done a fault code reading as i dont have equiptment!
Offline   Reply With Quote