Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Engine Bay

Subaru Impreza Forum

Oil Leak

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2011, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Oil Leak

got a oil leak on my Subaru Impreza WRX import (1993 model) , it only leaks when engine is running but takes a while to start first. what started this leak was doing oil change and overfilled it by alot and i mean half way up the dip stick, as it was late at night and its been started and short drive down road until i checked in morning and dropped the oil to the correct level, now its leaking really badly, it dumps the entire oil onto the floor it you give it time, but only leaks when engine is started and given time for oil to circulate then it starts to drip out then slowly get worse

i cant actually see the oil leak but i can see oil on engine block near the turbo area , i can say it isnt the rocker cover gasket , any help very much appricated

cheers

chris

Last edited by chris01; 07 Mar 2011 at 05:51 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote