Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Engine Bay

Subaru Impreza Forum

standard recirc valve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Feb 2011, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

standard recirc valve

I was wondering if someone could help here, i have bought myself a forge oem recirc valve, to replace my dump valve. the thing is it came with no instructions and seeing the car came with the dump valve when i bought it, rather embarrassingly, i don't know which way round it goes.... I have looked online, but every image i can find is too grainy or dump valves have been fitted. All i need to know is as you look into the engine, the recirc valve has a small tube coming from the top. Should this point to the left or the right? Cheers in advance.

Andy
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2011, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Re: standard recirc valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsbrough View Post
I was wondering if someone could help here, i have bought myself a forge oem recirc valve, to replace my dump valve. the thing is it came with no instructions and seeing the car came with the dump valve when i bought it, rather embarrassingly, i don't know which way round it goes.... I have looked online, but every image i can find is too grainy or dump valves have been fitted. All i need to know is as you look into the engine, the recirc valve has a small tube coming from the top. Should this point to the left or the right? Cheers in advance.

Andy
if its a recirc valve that bolts onto tmic then the tube at bottom goes into rubber hose then clip it tight then bolt it on then connect small hose on top think thats for 2001 onwards
Old 26 Feb 2011, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Re: standard recirc valve

No, its a classic. its a factory type recirc valve, just an alloy version made by forge motorsports. it fits between the intercooler hose and the airbox pipe. Think i've fitted it right, i guess if i fitted it back to front then i would have noticed something was up when the turbo boosted up n the pressure did not get released properly (bit of gentle running for the first mile or so... ) I find it much better than the old dump valve, no more popping exhaust when changing gear, and dunno if it's a placebo effect, but it feels much smoother on acceleration and seems to hold the boost better.