Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Immobiliser Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Dec 2010, 07:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Send a message via MSN to ferko_67
Question Immobiliser Problems

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty confused about my immobiliser, I've been trying to find wiring schematics to work out what the problem is.

Firstly I have a stock standard Subaru Impreza RX MY99 with a stock standard immobiliser without an alarm.

When I place the key in the ignition the immobiliser "'key" red light on the dash stops blinking, so assumably the transponder key is recognised...

However, when I turn the key into the on position the car doesn't start, doesn't even turn over and I loose auxiliary power to everything. Even when the key is removed I have no power. I'm assuming this is because the immobiliser kicks in.

When I place a multimeter over the battery terminals, this seems to reset the immobiliser and power eventually returns and I can start the car.

Can anyone explain to me what the problem might be and how I might ga about fixing it, or how to bypass the immobiliser and why placing a meter across the battery resets the immobiliser?

Cheers all,

And Merry Christmas!
Offline   Reply With Quote