Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Sigma alarm problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Nov 2010, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Sigma alarm problem

The 2002 Scooby WRX came with a Sigma M series alarm including the keypad, but no fobs or PIN code. I have got the PIN code from Subaru to reprogram another fob I have bought. In the meantime, I had to remove the car battery and in doing so the alarm went off. I reconnected the battery and the alarm stopped and then I entered the PIN into the keypad hoping that it would completely disarm the alarm so that I could take the battery off. I disconnected the battery again and no alarm so 'assume' the PIN is correct and I did it right!!! (No operating manual)
However, when I came to program the fob a few days later, I have to arm/disarm the system, but nothing happens. After I enter the PIN, there is a rapid flash of the LED, but nothing happens. The car alarm doesnt arm and the immobiliser still works.
Is there anything that can be done to reset the alarm system completely??
Offline   Reply With Quote