Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

wrx dash connectors ?? electric problems !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Sep 2010, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Unhappy wrx dash connectors ?? electric problems !

car is Subaru Impreza WRX classic (93 reg) import

having some issues with the hazard warning lights, my indicators work fine, but when i tryed my hazard lights nothing happens..... i renewed the switch today, the relay now clicks but nothing happens still. when the hazard switch is turned on my indicators wont come on until i turn the switch off, is this just a relay problem as i checked the fuses and they seem fine.

located the relay from behind the cd player, its a 3 pin relay are these easy to buy, where would i buy this type from as i cant find one on ebay and on google they seem to be a 4pin under the dash ??

secondly i have no interior illumination lights at all, ie. speedo and the centre consul, the fuses seem to be fine where else should i look on fixing this issue

any help be very much appreciated

Last edited by chris01; 04 Oct 2010 at 06:45 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2010, 06:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: wrx dash connectors ?? electric problems !

anyone have any idea ? , searched the forum and the internet with no luck
Old 04 Oct 2010, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

i'd say you've a bad earth somewhere..
best bet is to get the relay from main stealer(atleast it'll be the right one)
if dash lights are out and hazzards/indicators playing up,it's normally a fuse,iirc the horn and interior light is on the same circuit,check bulbs in roof lights as a failed or failng one can cause a knock on effect..
Old 04 Oct 2010, 07:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

funny thing is, horn works, interior lights come on when opening the doors, indicaters work, all the little lights work , its just the surround lights that light up the speedo on a light and the centre consul,

wont the hazard/indicator lights be separate to the dash lights ?

sorry to cause any confusion
Old 04 Oct 2010, 07:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

hmmm,i know there are several earth leads around the steering colum and the surrounding area,if one of those is damaged/corroded,that maybe causing the problem..have you checked the bulbs in the dash and consol??i know it's a pain in the arse to do but really need to elliminate the little things,if you know what i mean..
Old 04 Oct 2010, 07:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

yeah, i know what you mean mate, i had all the dash out and the bulbs seem fine so i just leaved the centre consul as i cant see all the lights going out from 1 bulb, but yeah i check the earth's tomorrow when its light , and i pull out my multimeter start checking if there power going through the fuse box into car, hate playing with electrics. arhhhh lol so stressful and fiddly , im more of a mechanical person