Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

ECU questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jun 2010, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

ECU questions

Just fitted decat pipe and rear pipe and back box, not noticed any increase in response, speed or anything, i know it needs a mapping session for full gains but i thought these ecu's read and learned differences over time and ajusted slightly to show a little improvement, is this not the case with the 2001 wrx bug eye

My 98 classic did with the ecu reset but i know you cant do that on a 2001 unless anybody can tell me otherwise
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 11:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: ECU questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukey1234 View Post
Just fitted decat pipe and rear pipe and back box, not noticed any increase in response, speed or anything, i know it needs a mapping session for full gains but i thought these ecu's read and learned differences over time and ajusted slightly to show a little improvement, is this not the case with the 2001 wrx bug eye

My 98 classic did with the ecu reset but i know you cant do that on a 2001 unless anybody can tell me otherwise
As it the new age you have to plug it in then you can reset the ecu when hooked up as the new age wont reset the ecu if you just take negative lead off batt as like the classics, should notice the difference then but wouldnt be going to mad till mapped as it might overboost due to the more free flowing exhaust
Old 30 Jun 2010, 11:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiimpreza1984 View Post
As it the new age you have to plug it in then you can reset the ecu when hooked up as the new age wont reset the ecu if you just take negative lead off batt as like the classics, should notice the difference then but wouldnt be going to mad till mapped as it might overboost due to the more free flowing exhaust
What you need to plug into. what program etc, i need a lead and a program for my laptop dont i
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2010, 12:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Knowledge / ECU Reset should tell you want you need to know also think Brett had another program you can download aswell for the laptop