Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

ALARM HELP PLEASE !!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2009, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

ALARM HELP PLEASE !!

Hi all im having all sorts of problems with my03 wrx it has the m30 alarm on and as my key packed up i have had to use the key pad to arm and dissarm to get car started. As my wife has to use the car for work i explained about the key pad but women bein women she put alarm into shutdown mode and now has completly shutdown and wont arm or disarm using key or key pad i have spoke to subaru and they say it will prob need reprograming and also i will need a new key at a cost of about £200-£250
Now do i pay this or is it a simple straight forward job if i have the m30 ripped out and a new cat1 fitted at the cost of £200 inc 2 fobs i believe it is a factory fit sigma is it going to be a nightmare for a alarm bloke to get out any help would be appreciated
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2009, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: ALARM HELP PLEASE !!

just get it reprogramed fuk it cut your losses be quicker anyway
Old 24 Oct 2009, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

after reading all the probs people have had and are having with the m30 wouldnt it be better to pay 200 and have it ripped out at least i get warrenty on new alarm
Old 24 Oct 2009, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

buy a new m30 and just replace the old unit with the new, should be plug and play and you will have 2 new fobs, they can be had on fleabay for 65 quid upwards.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 11:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

sounds to me like you have your mind already made up my cars no alarm have a german shepard within reach just put steeringwheel lock and handbrake locking yoke on. conbined better than any alarm both not worth the hassle DOG FUK THAT SHIT .........WHEEL LOCK ,HANDBRAKE LOCK AH HERE GOT A CONSAW...alarm not another one going off .you get my drift
Old 25 Oct 2009, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

yeah man lol but round by me they would nick the dog its house and all its toys plus my pride and joy need a cat 1 for insurance well have no choice but to have alarm fitted now as my friend who used to work for sigma came round to disarm immob but couldnt find where they cut to fuel pump and starter so now im left with half my dash out and no plugs on the alarm cables as he cut them off he left everythin labelled up though and said a good alarm bloke should be able to rip the m30 0ut and have a new one fitted in a few hours am i right in thinking subaru built a harness to accepct m30 from factory
booked securacar to come fit new cat1 at £190 and £30 to rip old one out anyone had dealings with these guys good or bad???

Last edited by wrxslad; 25 Oct 2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 11:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

shame ur not closer id have you sorted in no time mate, took me under a hour to remove a clifford cat 1, and the car was running after lol,
The guy who came to do your alarm didnt know much fella as all u do is trace the the loom from the alarm, as there isnt many places it can be fitted again it narrows it down,
why did he cut the plugs off ? he has fuc ked u up there tbf as before you could have just picked up another M30 unit could have simply been plugged in and now it cant, it has to be refitted completely, again costing you money, your mate sounds more like a butcher to me in affraid.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 02:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

tbf he was shit hot when he used to work for sigma but been out a few years now and siad they changed colour cordinations he recons the alarm loom for immob runs all the way into the engine bay loom and who ever fitted must have had the job before all dash and stuff whent in as its a proper fit TO BE FAIR MY MATE USED TO FIT THEM FOR LDV PMSL just hope that now he cut the plugs off the guy who fits my alarm dont try and charge more cause my mate dissasembled it
im havin a viper cat 1 fitted anyone heard or had experiance with these????
Old 08 Nov 2009, 05:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

my car keeps imobilising itself, just had the a new pod filter itself, everytime i turn it on it stalls itself, please help