Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

electric windows not working.help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Oct 2009, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

electric windows not working.help please

we have a 52 plate right hand drive wrx impreza. a clicking noise started today and now the windows won't work.everything else seems to work.have looked through owners manual but can't seem to find a fuse for the windows.could it be a relay because of the clicking. managed to get windows to go up and down about an inch in small stages between clicks.stumped and could use some help.cheers. clicking seems to come from the right hand side of the steering wheel by the fuse box
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2009, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: electric windows not working.help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie998 View Post
we have a 52 plate right hand drive wrx impreza. a clicking noise started today and now the windows won't work.everything else seems to work.have looked through owners manual but can't seem to find a fuse for the windows.could it be a relay because of the clicking. managed to get windows to go up and down about an inch in small stages between clicks.stumped and could use some help.cheers. clicking seems to come from the right hand side of the steering wheel by the fuse box
Hello mate i am driving 52 subaru bugeye ,i use to have the same problem when u try to open or close the window u get click noise , I try everythink new window motor,I checked all the fuse ,then I buy new window control unit 20 that fix the problem working no problem now
Old 06 Oct 2009, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmartin View Post
Hello mate i am driving 52 subaru bugeye ,i use to have the same problem when u try to open or close the window u get click noise , I try everythink new window motor,I checked all the fuse ,then I buy new window control unit 20 that fix the problem working no problem now
that's a relief, i was expecting an expensive bill, i will get one ordered and fitted, thanks for your help djmartin, much appreciated
Old 06 Oct 2009, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Not a problem mate