Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Subaru alarm master code

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jul 2009, 06:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Subaru alarm master code

Wondering if anyone has had any joy with Subaru regarding the master code for your WRX? My MY00's battery went flat a while back with the consequence of the factory keypad 'forgetting' its code. Subaru then charged me $50 to reset the pin code. I asked for the master code and was told that i couldn't have it even though it was held on file in the office!
The code is supposed to be linked to the VIN of each vehicle so why cant i have the code for MY car? I've posted several e-mails to Subaru Australia but they won't reply. My car is 10 years old and not serviced by Subaru. As far as i'm concerned i have no contract with Subaru so what gives them the right to hold me to ransom? Everytime i go on holiday for 2 weeks the battery will go flat due to the drain by the factory alarm. it will then cost me $50 to have the code reset and drive my car again!
Has anyone had any joy getting the master code for their vehicle?
Is there any legally type person on here who can tell me whether Subaru are within their rights to with hold the code from me?
the way i look at it, if you have a mobile phone on contract locked to a network, at the end of your contract the network provider will then supply the unlock code to you. How is my car any different?
Offline   Reply With Quote