Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Another Speaker thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Apr 2009, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Another Speaker thread

Hi all,

New to this, Expecting to pick up my Scoob some time early next week and getting things in plan

Basically i have read hundreds of threads for ice set up for the car. I dont want flat out worth of system i just want something that will be a good quality and can be pumped up every now and again on the nice days lol

Ii've got an Alpine ipod all singing and dancing Headunit which i will be keeping for the car installing this is no problem im now knowledged enough and confident of sorting that, i do have one question though i have read many people worrying and wiring them to the fuse or battery?? i have run this head unit in a saxo and mg zr off the standard wiring and its been fine is there something different for the subaru?? i've got a Subaru to ISO Adapter on its way.

Anyway onto the purpose of my post,

I've currently have Alpine SXE-1725S 6.5" as front door speakers and they are great standard running off just my HU.
My plan was to put these in the front doors of the Scoob and Amp them from the boot along with the Sub i have which is going to be in the boot and get some Alpine SXE-1025S 4" for the rear doors run off the HU

Here is my dillema..

With the 4" 1025's in the rear (i believe these fit with no modifications??) there is no point in me Amp'ing them so do i go with the above idea of getting the fronts Amp'd or do i have a bit of a play around and stick Alpine SXE-1325S 5" (i believe these will fit with an adapter??) in and Amp these instead of the fronts??

I'm thinking that my initial idea is best so far as the 6.5"'s are better than the other two options to Amp for what i want to do with what i have got and the total cost is only going to be 25 for the 4" or 35 for the 5" speakers

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards,
Jon.S
Offline   Reply With Quote