Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Alarm installation subaru impreza 2000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2009, 04:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Question Alarm installation subaru impreza 2000

hi I want to install an alarm to my Subaru impreza 2000 but i getting some troubles finding the wires, the right place to cut them and also the way that i need to connect them. I got the location of the wiring from the internet witch are:

Constant 12V+ White Ignition Switch Harness
Starter White/Black Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Green Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition 3 n/a
Accessory Yellow Ignition Switch Harness (ABS Light)
Tach Blue Or Red/Green Coil on top of Engine 2 Cylinder
Brake Switch White/Black Brake Switch
Parking Lights Orange (+) White Connector on Steering Column (Ignition on to Test)
Door Trigger Yellow (-) Driver's Kick Panel 2 Pin Connector
Door Lock Blue/Green (-) Driver's Kick Panel
Door Unlock Yellow/Red (-) Driver's Kick Panel

I found the 4 wires locates in the Ignition Switch Harness BUT the Parking light (oreange +) i can not locate it, is the Parking Lights wire the one in the red circle? the connector unplugged in the picture I know that control the headlights but I am not after them.

also I got some question about the door lock and Unlock wires witch I cannot locate them, are they located in the red, green or purple? whem i disconnect the connector (the purple circle) the door locks wont work but also if I keep connecter the connector(the purple circle) and i disconnect the connector in the red circle the door locks also wont work, I can deduce that the Door Unlock and Door Lock wires are located in an of these two connector. Can anyone confirm me where I need to cut the door lock and Unlock wires if in the red circle area or in the purple circle area, also how can i find out witch wire are the door lock and Unlock ( I got TEST light, multimeter, clamp meter and some others tools)

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Offline   Reply With Quote