Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

NEED A 2001 STI ECU PINOUT !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Feb 2009, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Exclamation NEED A 2001 STI ECU PINOUT !!!

Hi i am looking for the pin diagrams for a 2001 sti ecu ,

the reason i need this is because i am 95% through a full sti running gear convertion on a 2001 wrx (uk spec) i have the car running but have a little trouble with the avcs wires i have run them from the engine harness into the foot well and in to the ecu which elimenated the cel codes for the camshaft position sensors bank 1 & 2 , great i thought then i have 1306 & 1308 oil control valve position sensor malfunction 1 & 2 i understand there is some pin jumping to do which i have done what i can i jumped the engine harness pins to match and now im down to the last plug , the centre little plug in the ecu , need to know what pins to jump , i found so far 1 site with pics but not very good 1s if any 1 can help me with this all help will be appretiated if some 1 has done this convertion and know s what colours on the uk wrx go into what pins on the sti ..................
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2009, 11:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Found this 02 "Bugeye" WRX STi pin out diagram.

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/bob_raw...0STi%20ECU.pdf

Old 19 Feb 2009, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: NEED A 2001 STI ECU PINOUT !!!

thanx for the pin out diagram any idea where i could get the diagrams for the plugs that go in to the ecu i.e what colours are which only for the middle plug the smallest 1 , cheers again jamie
Old 16 Mar 2009, 10:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

sorry to jump thread but i'm conv my wrx to sti spec, changed everything, looms lights dash etc, cant start, fuel o.k an tips?
Old 16 Mar 2009, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeyed View Post
sorry to jump thread but i'm conv my wrx to sti spec, changed everything, looms lights dash etc, cant start, fuel o.k an tips?
hi im guessing u have swapped the wrx ecu for a sti ecu ? YES ? , as for the loom no need to change any of it , mine is running now all finished , if u have changed the ecu then u need to program ur key to that ecu which i did myself , i was told its a dealer only but na i can program any subaru key to any car with mvp , if u need any more info u can call me on 07771 738 050 jamie , also do re-mapping on 2000 onwards stage 1,2,3 , ..... hope this helps .....
Old 17 Mar 2009, 08:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

mines a 2001 wrx sti, i changed everything i could. looms,ecu,steering colum etc. Bascally thght move everything from sti into new shell type job. Mechanics here (NZ) told me i have to change the front looms, i did notice a size difference in some cables, the donor std wrx was tip tronic. I have still got donor engine and g/box which i'm selling to get some costs bk
Old 17 Mar 2009, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

the key is the same as the ecu from sti car
Old 17 Mar 2009, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Hi u say it was tiptronic so is it an auto then basicly does the starter turn over ? If not then u need to bypass the p switch as all autos need to be started in p if u changed the box then there will be no switch there for it ? Need a bit more info to help u mate contact me on slo-jamz2006@hotmail.co.Uk jamie