Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Help confused with ecu diagnostic codes.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2009, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Help confused with ecu diagnostic codes.

Hi all, just done my ecu diagnostic by connecting the 2 black connectors under the dash and got these 5 codes.

1st, code 45- pressure sensor.
2nd, code 23- mass air flow.
3rd, code 31- throttle position sensor.
4th, code 11- crank position sensor.
5th, code 13- camshaft position sensor.

Surely all these cant be at fault can they, does the codes indicate they are faulty or what?

Sorry if i sound alittle stupid but the car seems to be driving fine, sometimes judders under full boost but thats all i can think of.

I want to reset my ecu by connecting the green connectors too but surely i need to solve these problems first.

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

Matt.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2009, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: Help confused with ecu diagnostic codes.

Some of the codes could be old codes that have never been cleared but have been sorted. So if you're confident there is nothing wrong you could try a reset and see if any of them recur. If they don't then you are probably OK, if any do then you may well have a fault.
Old 15 Feb 2009, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Thanks mate,

Right i just reset the ecu by plugging in the green connectors and letting the fans and switches click etc, i left it for about 5 mins doing that and turned the ignition off and then on again and guess what no check light.

I checked the diagnostics again by just plugging in the black connectors and now only have the check light flashing quickly like every half second continuosly.

I think it has solved the problem and yes like you said must have been old problems as the black and green connectors were taped up out of the way with blue tape and looks as though they havent been touched before so hopefully all is fine.

Thanks again.

Matt.
Old 15 Feb 2009, 08:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by laytonmartin69 View Post
Thanks mate,

Right i just reset the ecu by plugging in the green connectors and letting the fans and switches click etc, i left it for about 5 mins doing that and turned the ignition off and then on again and guess what no check light.

I checked the diagnostics again by just plugging in the black connectors and now only have the check light flashing quickly like every half second continuosly.

I think it has solved the problem and yes like you said must have been old problems as the black and green connectors were taped up out of the way with blue tape and looks as though they havent been touched before so hopefully all is fine.

Thanks again.

Matt.
Great all sorted
Old 17 Feb 2009, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiimpreza1984 View Post
Great all sorted
Since doing this my car hasnt run so perfect, everything seems alot better, the turbo seems to spoil up quicker and the whole car seems to drive much better too