Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Security inside

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Oct 2008, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Security inside

Hi guys

Just wondering what the best form of security inside the car is....As in steering wheel lock etc What make..???
Is it best to buy the clip on steering wheel..???

I know the standard alarm is cat 1 but is that good enough or would people advise to upgrade??.....Cheers for any advice as I'm buying a 06 wrx next week and just want to try and make it harder for idiots who decide they wanna have a go at stealing it.....
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2008, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Re: Security inside

They have a cat 1 imobiliser/alarm, and dead locks so they are pretty safe alot of second hand ones will have a tracker fitted to, my insurance company will not insure you without one. So it's a defo positive if you can buy one already fitted as it will set you back around 400 quid to install for a decent one. The tracker also cost around 135 per year subscription.
Old 23 Oct 2008, 07:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Cheers mate..The ins comp I was quoted from is 475.....And that was the same as with or without a tracker fitted...But If the car doesn't have one I'll be definatley getting one fitted......

I've just been looking at the website Dynamic Sounds on Walworth rd...Sth east london....Are they any good...???? They do all trackers and alarms etc and reasonbly priced....
Old 23 Oct 2008, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

One of the best form of security inside a car.

Old 23 Oct 2008, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Old 23 Oct 2008, 10:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

crazy vid Pete id think of a lot more ways if some one robbed my car
Old 24 Oct 2008, 06:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Sorry don't know about them mate not my area i'm afraid..................
Old 25 Oct 2008, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Angry Re: Security inside

like the vid shows either get a monkey or a disc lok ive got a cat1 and i use a disclok. a deterate a least. its as simple as this mate if the scum want your car they will wait till you are sitting in it a pull a knife on you. they dont have to break in them now do they.
top end cars are worth more not smashed up for overseas sales or parts so they just hijack you.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 04:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

God where do you live !!!!
I only have a cat 1 fitted but a friend has an FTO and he has a lock on his gear knob so its locked in reverse. It doesnt stop them stealing it but it slows them down !!!! And its a lot smaller than using a disc that you have to put in the boot or footwell !!
Or if you want to make sure get a BIG exhaust so if it starts up when you are in bed it wakes the street up !!!!!!!!!!!!
These are low cost alternatives but a tracker and a top quality well fitted cat 1 is the best bet !!
As for car jacking my 92 locks its doors when you start up and if there is lads with baseball bats stood around at a junction you are in the best thing to get very far away very very quickley !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

Last edited by cheb74; 22 Aug 2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 12:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

i was told by a local security fitters that you can have a thing fitted where it wants a pin code to turn the ignition on. NOT a black jax clifford thing.

this ones for if someone breaks in and pinches the keys. they cant get it started even with the keys.

anyone know about that or got one etc?

id say the best one is the gear clamp one. its a better shape so u can just chuck it behind the passenger seat on the floor rather than having to put it in the boot etc.... think, if your fannying around putting that in the boot, some shit only needs to come rob your keys while your putting it in there!
Old 26 Oct 2008, 12:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

as for trackers mate try this place,

TOAD Security | Car and LCV Security

i had them fit my alarm, give them a ring and query it. Very nice bloke.

plus they will come to your house or work to fit it using one of their hired goons in the area.
they explained what they was doing, where they was putting things etc, great couple of blokes.
the only thing is you have to fill them with tea hehe.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 01:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmogotwet View Post
if the scum want your car they will wait till you are sitting in it a pull a knife on you.

ive got a little can of Mace in the cup holder on the ready to do the scum in the face if a hijack is attempted.
highly recommended, puts you down for a good 20 mins (tested on myself to make sure) and you would not be wanting to do anything but keep your head underwater for the next 45mins..

classed as a firearm though is the downside...
Old 26 Oct 2008, 02:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Yeah I was thinking to get the gear stick llock as well. On the back of the Total Impreza mag there is Falcon Security been advertised....Has anybody used these alrms before...??? I've put 1k aside for the Security side of things...
Old 27 Oct 2008, 05:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

a grand would do you fine mate!

i know someone with a falcon alarm system and ive heard no complaints. one of those with the fob that tels you which zones been breached.

personally i recommend a tilt sensor...comes in most handy if some fncker doesnt actually bust into your car but instead gets it on a tow truck or something.

seriously though a grand is plenty. that would get you a decent alarm, a decent steering or gear lock plus locking nuts.

my alarm is a toad one. was 500 with perimiter sensor plus a tilt sensor as add ons... so a grand would go a long way!
Old 28 Oct 2008, 04:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Cheers bud...Think I'll def have the tilt sensor....I'll have a good research and choose the best package....