Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

rear door card removal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Sep 2008, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

rear door card removal

hi found out some great info from some members about spk upgrades.can someone tell me aboout removing rear door cards to upgrade spks.its a 2004 model impreza.found info on front removal but not rear thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2008, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: rear door card removal

I've been looking for this info too, but to no avail. I did read somewhere that it wasn't worth the hassle of upgrading the rear speakers, as it has so little effect on the overall sound (I guess it depends if you're an audiophile though).

I think the removal should be the same as the front; find and remove the fixing screws then pop the trim clips out of their holes. If I happen to do mine, I'll take some photos.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

Lol its always worth upgrading subaru std speakers they`re always crap no matter what model

I had a pretty cool system in my last car that i`d put in then sold half of it before part exing for the scooby,bought mine with a alpine head unit in it but if im honest you`d never have guessed from the sound-speakers were shocking ,got boston fronts and being a classic replaced the rear shelf speakers with alpine 6x9`s-sounded loads better though werent nowhere near as expensive as the JL seperates/subs i`d had in my 106gti previously.

Still need a 4channel amp though at this rate will never get round to getting one ive been getting one for 5yrs now.............(maybe i should cut down on the polish etc, aint like i were after the type of quality stuff i used to buy)

Nobody offer me one, i know what i want(just they`ll not be makin em by the time i decide to get one)
Old 02 Oct 2008, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBenz View Post
I've been looking for this info too, but to no avail. I did read somewhere that it wasn't worth the hassle of upgrading the rear speakers, as it has so little effect on the overall sound (I guess it depends if you're an audiophile though).

I think the removal should be the same as the front; find and remove the fixing screws then pop the trim clips out of their holes. If I happen to do mine, I'll take some photos.
hi replaced mine today.took 15mins each door.rear speakers are 5.25 size not 4 inch as told.my rear doors had 4 screw holes so just used them to screw new spk into. worth doing lot more lively sound original spks ar crap.used pioneer 3 way in rear and kenwood 3 way with adaptors from audioscope for front.when u take rear door card off remember the plastic screw at rear of door .you can see it when u open door.
Old 10 Oct 2008, 08:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltbond View Post
hi replaced mine today.took 15mins each door.rear speakers are 5.25 size not 4 inch as told.my rear doors had 4 screw holes so just used them to screw new spk into. worth doing lot more lively sound original spks ar crap.used pioneer 3 way in rear and kenwood 3 way with adaptors from audioscope for front.when u take rear door card off remember the plastic screw at rear of door .you can see it when u open door.
Cheers for that. I just had my birthday last week, so I'm owed a new head unit and speakers as a present!

Time to go shopping.