Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

remapped.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Sep 2008, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

remapped.

Hi all, i got my spec c mapped last year the mapper had problems getting her to go the way he wanted so he tried on two more occations with no success, i got dyno'ed and it was making 290hp with 300torque, two weeks ago i got another mapper to try 45min later we were driving back all sorted, dyno no.2 result: 330hp-360lb/ft torque what a difference,
lads has anyone got info on powergains from ecu-tek on hawkeye spec c in Japan? many thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2008, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: remapped.

Hey mate,

Tbh i don't think you can get Ecutek in Japan. Never seen one here and none of the tuning houses here or any of my magazine have ever mentioned them or have any info on them or cars running them. Cars here almost all run domestic chips anyway.

Just out of interest, which hawkeye Spec-C you got? There were 3.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
Hey mate,

Tbh i don't think you can get Ecutek in Japan. Never seen one here and none of the tuning houses here or any of my magazine have ever mentioned them or have any info on them or cars running them. Cars here almost all run domestic chips anyway.

Just out of interest, which hawkeye Spec-C you got? There were 3.
Hi rikimaru, the reason i asked is that a tuner over said that in japan they are getting around 380-400hp from a re-map on a standard spec-c he didnt say if it was ecutek but i took it thats what he ment, seems like a hi figure to me but said i'd ask anyway, how do mean there were 3? like the toshi ari, s204? mine is a white spec c with an RA ecu, thanks for the info mate
Old 21 Sep 2008, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

There was a Hawk eye Spec C Type RA (2005) there was then the Spec C S204 as you say and then my fave new age the Spec C Type RA-R all running 320 Bhp but with different torque figures. 380-400 sounds very high for just a re-map on a standard car with no mods though.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 05:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
There was a Hawk eye Spec C Type RA (2005) there was then the Spec C S204 as you say and then my fave new age the Spec C Type RA-R all running 320 Bhp but with different torque figures. 380-400 sounds very high for just a re-map on a standard car with no mods though.
Unfortunetly mine is not an RA-R or S204 altho a mate of mine has an S204 just after upgrading the turbo and is now knocking on the door of 400horses!
Old 22 Sep 2008, 10:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
Unfortunetly mine is not an RA-R or S204 altho a mate of mine has an S204 just after upgrading the turbo and is now knocking on the door of 400horses!
crazy power could imagine it, i drive a sti v6 type ra standard 280bhp and thats fast for me 400hp is mad id say in an impreza
Old 23 Sep 2008, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
400 Bhp. Very nice

They're all awesome motors and unusual, even here in Japan. Seen a few RA-R's around but never yours or an S204. Here in Japan they hold they're price well too. RA-R's fetch 5 million yen 2nd hand. Thats 1 million yen more than they cost new and 2 million yen more than a 22B.

You're a lucky bloke.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 11:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

sup ppl

thought this might be of interest to some ppl.. not sure if he can help urself but have a gander..

Have a talk with a guy called Scott and look at PolarPerformance to see other mapping products he can offer for the more serious modifications.

These include bespoke 'Live' custom road mapping of the Standard ECU, Apexi PFC ECU Mapping 1993 - 2000 and 2001 Impreza ECU ReFlash.

Maps Available for :

1993 - 1996 UK Impreza Turbo Saloon & Wagon
1993 - 1996 Impreza GT (Euro Spec)
1993 - 1994 WRX & WRX RA Saloon (240ps Spec)
1994 - 1996 WRX & WRX RA Saloon (260ps Spec)
1993 - 1996 WRX Wagon (220ps Spec)
1993 - 1996 WRX Auto
1993 - 1996 STi 1, 2 and RA (280ps Spec)
Old 23 Sep 2008, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
400 Bhp. Very nice

They're all awesome motors and unusual, even here in Japan. Seen a few RA-R's around but never yours or an S204. Here in Japan they hold they're price well too. RA-R's fetch 5 million yen 2nd hand. Thats 1 million yen more than they cost new and 2 million yen more than a 22B.

You're a lucky bloke.
Yeah they're a sweet machine alright the S204 i know of two in the country, the same chap also has a Toshi Ari spec c as well as a classic type r with 415hp, another fella in the club has an 06 Forester STI with 390hp in the near future he's hoping to have it up to 450 with with around 500lb/ft torque it has porche brakes, here's a link to some pics of mine before the carbon and side skirts were put on. nicspecc - Page 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 23 Sep 2008, 08:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

V NICE
Old 23 Sep 2008, 08:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiimpreza1984 View Post
V NICE
Where in irl are you from mate?
Old 23 Sep 2008, 11:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Where in irl are you from mate?
From cork drive a sti v6 type ra dont you just love imprezas, question what do you run you car on what petrol do you use the maxol E5 99.2 RON or do tescos up in dublin have the 99RON, we dont have a tescos station down ere only in kilarney and they dont have the 99RON, or do you have it mapped for 95RON???????? Be interested in what you say cause asked so many people what petrol they use cause want whats best for mine as with it being a jap import in all cheers

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 23 Sep 2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 11:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiimpreza1984 View Post
From cork drive a sti v6 type ra dont you just love imprezas, question what do you run you car on what petrol do you use the maxol E5 99.2 RON or do tescos up in dublin have the 99RON, we dont have a tescos station down ere only in kilarney and they dont have the 99RON, or do you have it mapped for 95RON???????? Be interested in what you say cause asked so many people what petrol they use cause want whats best for mine as with it being a jap import in all cheers
Im mapped for maxol e5 plus half a bottle of lucas octane booster, i'll be switching to NF booster as soon as my stock of lucas is gone, when i was getting mapped the mapper put in a base map for a spec c on e5 with 1 third of a bottle of NF and he had to do a bit of tweeking to get mine sorted but he reckond that NF was better, i'd recomend using maxol
Old 24 Sep 2008, 05:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

]Im mapped for maxol e5 plus half a bottle of lucas octane booster, i'll be switching to NF booster as soon as my stock of lucas is gone, when i was getting mapped the mapper put in a base map for a spec c on e5 with 1 third of a bottle of NF and he had to do a bit of tweeking to get mine sorted but he reckond that NF was better, i'd recomend using maxol [/QUOTE]

Cheers for that maxol great alright my car standard run the e5 outa cork cause we getting it soon in city but running the 95Ron with Wynns booster for short term till we get the e5 what you think of this????????? my car boosting at 1.1bar also was told that the vacuum pipe off standard dump valve would give you a good boost reading same as the vacuum pipe off manifold what do you think????????? you can see this in pics sect under STI V6 TYPE RA.........................
Old 24 Sep 2008, 08:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Cheers for that maxol great alright my car standard run the e5 outa cork cause we getting it soon in city but running the 95Ron with Wynns booster for short term till we get the e5 what you think of this????????? my car boosting at 1.1bar also was told that the vacuum pipe off standard dump valve would give you a good boost reading same as the vacuum pipe off manifold what do you think????????? you can see this in pics sect under STI V6 TYPE RA.........................[/quote]

From what info i've gotten wynns booster isnt rated as any help with octane even pro boost is not recomended, get nf or lucas mate thats what all the mappers are using, i had a hks ssqv on mine but replaced it with the original due to jerky gear change with the original its much smoother, the bov and dump valves sound cool but no advantage unless you have a front mount i/c and serious hp, im running 1.4 bar after the last remap and before with less hp it was 1.5bar. some good info on ISDC