Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Help Needed Please on Alarm System!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jul 2008, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Help Needed Please on Alarm System!!

ok so this is whats happened so far . . .

drove my car (SUBARU IMPREZA WRX 300 05 MODEL) to work this morining - no issues.
When i went to leave i was walking over to it (where i have always parked since ive had the car) and pressed the key fob to deactivate the alarm and there was nothing. . . no beep. . . no unlocking.

so, i got my spare key fob, (thinking it could be the battery) and again nothing! I then tested the battery on the fobs and all was fine 3V.
Knowing the alarm was going to go off i opened the car with key to get in to open the bonnet. Tried the key in the ignition to see if i could start it up, and again nothing!!

Phoned Subaru to see if they knew the problem, they came up with the pushing the car to a different location incase there was interferance from radio waves etc.

Went back to the car and tired again and it worked - great i thought. So i moved it down the road into a garage and turned it off.

About 2 minutes later i went back to the car to make sure everything was ok, and again the key fob didnt deactivate the alarm!!

Again got back on the phone to Subaru to tell the situation and they had NO solution other than maybe its a low car battery!! (oder a new one today just incase)

So if any one has any answers to this or have experienced it themselves i would be very grateful to hear from you - Thanks in advance
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2008, 09:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: Help Needed Please on Alarm System!!

Mine does the same on hot days ??? No explaination for it.
I have found that i have to use the key to open the doors, pop the bonnet and then put the fob right next to the alarm in order for it to dissarm the system.
Luckily hasn't done it for about 3 months now.
I also put new batteries in the fob, new battery on the car.
Keep us posted if you manage to get a result on this one.
Old 08 Aug 2008, 03:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

7 days later still the same problem with the alarm, it's been fine all week then some reason unknown it plays up again, so it's off for a holiday to suburu for a day or two
Old 11 Aug 2008, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Do you have a keypad in the glove box or is this only on the classics? Certain locations, i.e. my work carpark I am guaranteed to have to lock the car with the key and later deactivate the alarm from the keypad. There are some other locations I can bet my granny (and I do love my granny) that it will do it.

Do you know what make of alarm it is? The subary Sigmas are renound for this.

cheers
Angelo
Old 13 Aug 2008, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

I do have a keypad inside the car, the alarm is a sigma M30 i believe it is, dont know alot about them all i know it's a pain.
Old 14 Aug 2008, 05:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

That's it then.. This is common to many M30 Sigmas. Same as mine. Do you know the keypad number? If not you can get it from Subaru head office (providing nobody has changed it from what was set at the factory).

You just have to lock the car with the key and when you return to the car just disable the auto-arming alarm via the keypad.

Here is my original posting some time ago..
A short story about Sigma M30 on my Scooby

cheers
Angelo.
Old 18 Aug 2008, 08:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

the bad news is sigma alarms are very suceptable to outside interferance from other sources of radio signal, park near a radio tower and see if you can open the and lock the car, lets just say i wouldn't advise it lol
Old 15 Mar 2009, 01:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Angry Re: Help Needed Please on Alarm System!!

I have 03 reg WRX and after trying to dis-arm the alarm (Sigma m30) with the fob, i got nothing. Since then i cant start my car. I try and put the code in i was given and nothing still. I dont know what to do. Pls can someone tell me how to completely dis-arm my alarm, immobilizer, everything. Please Please Help Me!
Old 15 Mar 2009, 02:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4ydn View Post
Pls can someone tell me how to completely dis-arm my alarm, immobilizer, everything. Please Please Help Me!
Could be on "Super-Lock" Only when the "correct" PIN code is entered into the keypad will the security system disarm.

Old 15 Mar 2009, 02:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Oh, well if thats the case, can u tell me how to get the code as the one ive been given isnt working. The key just turns the ignition on but wont turn the engine over. Its obviously immobilized right now. What do i type in? Just type the code in and thats it? or do u have to press the * or # then the code?
Really big thanx for your help.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 03:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

Dont know if the sigma problems on late classics carried over to a few of the later cars but problems arose from stray signal interference on or very close to the frequency your fob works on-theres several places round here where i can park up an the keyfobs useless-got a mate to tow me thinking it were a major alarm fault the first time,tried it about 1/4 mile down the road and it worked.

There were an updated alarm unit that were better shielded from interference available from subaru,sooner or later im gonna have to get 2 new fobs for mine from subaru so i may enquire then-thing is the alarm itselfs great with no other faults/never any false alarms- just a bit worrying when ya come bk to the car somewhere new lol(is it goin to work or not)
Old 15 Mar 2009, 03:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

When i first found out my fob didn't work was 3days ago at a pub a few miles down the road, i couldnt fix it there so i arrange for my scooby to be recovered to my home address, and still even at home it isn't working anymore when it used to everytime. So i know it isn't a signal problem. Do you think the "AA" will be able to dis-arm the system if i called them out, as they can hook there computer into my car cant they? What d'ya think?
Thanx again.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 03:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4ydn View Post
What do i type in? Just type the code in and thats it? or do u have to press the * or # then the code?
Really big thanx for your help.
Disarming the Super lock. Just type your PIN code into the keypad.

Old 15 Mar 2009, 06:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Oh great then coz i've tried that and it doesn't work. Do u think Subaru could fix it if i got my car transported to them? Im outa ideas now. Thanx loads though for your help, thats very kind of u to take the time.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 12:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

to add to this post.....mates scooby is belled by scorpion which by now everyone knows went bust....problem is new batteries....remote loses its memory and has to have new batteries every 2/3 weeks.....this happens with both fobs....which doesn't make sense...last night the same happened...I took the batteries out and put them back in a few minutes later..and it worked...left it over night and fobs don't work again!....any suggestions? Apart from getting a new alarm system? lol