Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

apexi power fc and commander! ANY GOOD????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Mar 2008, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

apexi power fc and commander! ANY GOOD????

hi i have my99 classic impreza wrx with mods which include

ihi VF 28 turbo
decatted downpipe from turbo
center decat
pro drive back box
piper x induction kit
sti 6 top mount intercooler

i am looking to have a apexi power fc and commander with gizmo boost controller fitted to my car to control the above mods. I have had a quote of 1500 fitted and mapped from western performance.

Anyone had the same apexi set up and how well do they work??

pros and cons???

altertnatives if any???

any help and comments welcome, thanks for reading rears carl
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2008, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Apexi power fc an commanders are good and alyn "stockcar" on here supplies gizmo
click here http://www.asptrading.co.uk/acatalog...ft_Lights.html so he`d be the man to ask about them
Old 24 Mar 2008, 07:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Scooby

thanks matey
Old 24 Mar 2008, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Bit about the power fc here if youre interested

http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/Apexi_P...APX_PFC_01.asp
Old 24 Mar 2008, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Scooby

thanks once again mate.are those speedline alloys on your scoobs.same as mine only mine are anthracite on my99. youre scoobs looks the dogs ........ i was after one in that colour but ended up with silver.wot springs do u have on it or is it suspension kit? thanks for messaging me again.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Question some info please

hi peeps ive had my scooby for nearly 4 weeks now and a few things i need some info on please
like how quick she heats up is this normal????
its not overheating or anything just seems to warm up quicker than any car ive owned

and when cold the power steering juddering the fluid and pipes are ok is this normall or what can it be ?

oh yeah its a uk turbo v reg 92k
Old 24 Mar 2008, 10:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Scooby

not too sure to be honest mate.my 99 turbo seems to take 6 to 10 mins on the drive before she reads the half way mark.i have never had juddering from power steering before so i would look into that a bit more.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 06:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to Anders52
I got my power fc from nengun in japan and then got andy forrest in port seton to map it for me. All in it came to just under 800 quid. Well worth it.

Going to have to go back soon though to have the map tweaked for the front mount intercooler but it only costs 190 quid for remaps once the first is done.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 07:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccarl View Post
thanks once again mate.are those speedline alloys on your scoobs.same as mine only mine are anthracite on my99. youre scoobs looks the dogs ........ i was after one in that colour but ended up with silver.wot springs do u have on it or is it suspension kit? thanks for messaging me again.
Wheels are actually dare motorsport pff7 replicas, like how they look but the spokes catch loads of stonechips,eventually i want something different on it if i keep it.

Suspensions a koni sport kit but wouldnt really recommend it shocks are inserts rather than a complete new strut so ya have to cut the old strut bodies take all the insides out drill bottom of strut and bolt through base into insert to hold it there-dont fit great at the top though theres sleeves supplied with em but they`re crap-havent ever bothered with geometry check/droplinks etc as the play albeit small spoils things anyway-been looking at kyb agx adjustable struts an maybe keeping the koni -40mm springs that ive already got-got mixed reviews on coilovers on scoobys from mentioning on scoobynet the other wk.