Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning

Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning (http://www.subaru-impreza.org/forum/)
-   Electrical (Including ICE) (http://www.subaru-impreza.org/forum/electrical-including-ice/)
-   -   ecutek3 a ppp ecu (http://www.subaru-impreza.org/forum/electrical-including-ice/41189-ecutek3-ppp-ecu.html)

WAYNE WRX 19 Dec 2007 10:30 PM

ecutek3 a ppp ecu
 
Hi peeps,

I've been told you cant ECUTEK3 a ecu which has ppp. Is there any truth in that???????
this is for my model;)

jd 20 Dec 2007 08:19 AM

no, had mine done in the past.

Prodrive use Ecutek for the PPP just lock the ecu, so you would need to pay for the license at the start then just mapping time.

stockcar 20 Dec 2007 08:38 AM

only issue is you lose the PPP status, can be more cost effective to sell your PPP's ECU and then find a std one to Ecutek..............

jd 20 Dec 2007 09:29 AM

got an ecutek ecu from my 04sti for sale.

WAYNE WRX 20 Dec 2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd (Post 267323)
got an ecutek ecu from my 04sti for sale.

would I have to still pay for the licence with yours when it can to remapping time???

jammychap 22 Dec 2007 06:48 AM

Forgive me for being stupid by what does the ppp stand for ??????????

2002pete 22 Dec 2007 08:58 AM

Prodrive Performance Pack.

http://www.prodrive.com/products_level2.html?id=12&p=12

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/ne...?news_id=14334

jd 22 Dec 2007 04:56 PM

the license has already been paid on mine by me.

So should be just mapping time. What model/year scoob you got?

jammychap 22 Dec 2007 08:27 PM

Urm on this subject, once you have had it mapped and paid for the license can you go to a different place next time or do I need to go back to powerstation ??.

WAYNE WRX 22 Dec 2007 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammychap (Post 267627)
Urm on this subject, once you have had it mapped and paid for the license can you go to a different place next time or do I need to go back to powerstation ??.

can go anywhere matey

WAYNE WRX 22 Dec 2007 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd (Post 267610)
the license has already been paid on mine by me.

So should be just mapping time. What model/year scoob you got?

As shown on the left, bugeye 2001 WRX

uk dave 01 Jan 2008 08:23 PM

Not convinced that ya can actually go anywhere for mapping after its been mapped somewhere, im sure i read on some forum maybe scoobynet some tuners lock the ecu to prevent it bein fooked about with after theyve mapped it an then ya need a code to unlock it before ya can do anything-could be wrong though.

WAYNE WRX 01 Jan 2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uk dave (Post 268199)
Not convinced that ya can actually go anywhere for mapping after its been mapped somewhere, im sure i read on some forum maybe scoobynet some tuners lock the ecu to prevent it bein fooked about with after theyve mapped it an then ya need a code to unlock it before ya can do anything-could be wrong though.

Cheers chap, will keep that in mind;)

jd 02 Jan 2008 05:14 PM

some tuners do lock the ecu after mapping.

tiny 02 Jan 2008 05:26 PM

do they lock the ECu or just the Maps though?


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177