Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Z4 ecu Piggy back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jul 2006, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Z4 ecu Piggy back

but wondering wot would b the best 1 too actually fit?

its a MY95, Greddy EBC, De-Cat Nur Spec exhaust, Walbro 255l fulel pump, Fuel Regulator, AFR

so which 1 guys, u decide then i might get it
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2006, 05:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Scooby

will this b any good for me guys as a piggyback???

Power FC Commander

[Add to Wishlist]
Quantity: Please choose your applicationGeneric (All applications): 211.50:

The Power FC proudly stands as A'PEX's answer to the constraints and limitations associated with most piggy-back style fuel controllers. The Power FC is a complete, stand alone, total engine management system capable of handling virtually anything thrown in its path. From multiple point fuel and ignition control to VTEC engagement (Honda applications) and boost settings, the Power FC is capable of accommodating even the most demanding performance enthusiasts.

Characteristics:
Currently available only through Power Excel Shops, the Power FC replaces the factory ECU and controls all engine parameters.(Off road use only, no OBD-II) Installation is as easy as replacing the factory ECU. (Some minor rewiring is required on select vehicles.) The factory engine harness does not need to be replaced and all critical accessories such as air conditioning continue to function. By using the optional FC COMMANDER, the user can adjust and modify a wide range of settings. By changing various parameters and data, the Power FC will adapt to any of your performance needs. Since there is no need to upgrade ROM chips or trade in ECU's, the factory ECU can be kept by the original user.

The Power FC operates off of three Main Menus. These menus are : Monitor, Setting, and ETC.

In Monitor Mode, the Commander can display up to 10 parameters of data in real time.
Monitor Mode can display:

Engine RPM
Ignition Timing
Vehicle Speed
Air Flow Voltage (Pressure Sensor Voltage)
Injector Duty Cycle
Boost
Knocking Level
Battery Voltage
Intake Air Temp
Water Temp

In addition, there are 4 display patterns allowing 1-8 parameters to be shown on screen at once. The data displays in numerical real time values with the option of a real time 10 second graph display. Peak Hold values and Display Hold functions only require the touch of a button. The Map Trace Mode allows Ghost Map Tracing of the Fuel Correction and Ignition Timing maps. This allows the user to visually see what point of the map is being used in real time. The Ghost Map Trace function leaves markers on the used portions of the map for easy reference.

Setting Mode allows full access to the 20x20 ignition timing and fuel correction maps. The user can adjust any portion of this map in 5x5 sections. Air flow correction values can be entered for vehicles upgrading air flow meters. Injector pulse correction menu is used when upgrading injectors on the engine. The Acceleration Enrichment Correction function improves response under hard and sudden acceleration. The Cranking Fuel Injection menu corrects the amount of fuel when the engine is being cranked, or when the water temperature is cold. A separate Water Temp menu allows fuel correction according to water temperature. The RPM menu allows rev limiter settings and idle RPM levels. Access menus also vary according to specialty engines. Rotary engine Power FC's accommodate leading and trailing ignition maps. Honda engines Power FC's allow for VTEC control. Complete boost control is possible by using the optional Boost Control Kit (Not necessary for vehicles that come factory turbocharged.). Changing data is easy: just access the desired point on the map or data, and push the FC COMMANDER keys in the appropriate direction.

The ETC Menu contains utility parameters such as : version information, LCD screen Brightness, and Initialization of all Data. In addition, the ETC Mode allows the user to monitor all factory sensors through one screen. This screen can tell the user if any sensor is in use or malfunctioning.

The Power FC also comes preprogrammed with several base maps. (Currently with Japan Domestic Market Vehicle Maps. Minor initial tuning may be required. Please contact your authorized Power Excel shop for more information.) This makes the initial tuning process much quicker. As with all other fuel controllers, the POWER FC should be tuned on a dynomometer by a trained professional. A high grade air/ fuel ratio monitor is also recommended during tuning to ensure best results.
Old 09 Jul 2006, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

heard good things, another possible one is motech
Old 09 Jul 2006, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Scooby

n1 tidgy and thanks for the response:P
Old 09 Jul 2006, 05:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

nee probs mate, tbh its a bit out of my knowledge, not had to get invloved with finding one for mine, had a ecutech remap doen on the existing ecu.

mate had a motech fitted on his 500bhp scoob, but i know another guy who has apexi and he does alot of drag and track stuff, so bioth must be pretty good systems
Old 09 Jul 2006, 05:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Scooby

nice tidgy

just need some 1 in the kno to let me kno lolz
Old 09 Jul 2006, 05:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobie-Shieldy
nice tidgy

just need some 1 in the kno to let me kno lolz
lmao

think there farily expensive though mate, heard 1500 mentioned

few other companies out there who do complete custom systems like Emerald.
Old 09 Jul 2006, 05:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Scooby

motch is 1500? oooo wife wont aloow that kind of spend lmao

fc comander nice price of 211 lolz
Old 09 Jul 2006, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobie-Shieldy
motch is 1500? oooo wife wont aloow that kind of spend lmao

fc comander nice price of 211 lolz
lmao, think the motech is a complete new engine management system and the apexi is as you say piggy back but as said its a bit over my head, i think bob maybe the best man to speak to, he norm responds to post so he'll he should later on.

sorry can't be much more help
Old 09 Jul 2006, 05:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Young Scooby

u been a great help m8 cheers
Old 10 Jul 2006, 07:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Forum Sponsor
Paid & Proud

the Apexi is not a 'piggy-back' but a stand alone ECU (silver box in your pic).................the "commander" (black unit) is only of use once you have the Apexi fitted to allow small variations in the map and monitor settings

a 'stand alone' ECU will always give better spread of power/torque as opposed to a "chip" of some description..........
Old 13 Jul 2006, 09:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

As Alyn says the Apexi is a stand alone ecu and a very good bit of kit the price you posted shieldy seems very cheap? i guess its from Japan and that could lead to import duty etc which a few people i know have been stung with
i looked into getting one from Japan but decided that risk of import tax and if it ever went wrong i would have to send it back to Japan which would be a pain, i decided to get one from the UK, Andy forrest supplied fitted and mapped mine
you can have alook at the next TTS meet if you want and i will show you some of the features