Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Intermitting power window issue (GC8)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Nov 2018, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Intermitting power window issue (GC8)

Hi I have a strange intermitting power window issue, it started a few months ago when I forgot my wheel alignment was out (turned out to be broken track rod end) and when I approached a junction I hit the curb really hard which then caused all the power windows to stop working, the following day the front windows started working but the rears did not, then eventual the rears started working again. Now the driver side rear has stopped working.

I've checked the wiring connections going into the doors and its fine. The driver switch for the drive side rear and the switch on that door does not make the window work. I've read that it can be a loose connection to the driver switch that can cause this. I would like to know what is the best way to remove the driver switches without damaging it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08 Nov 2018, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: Intermitting power window issue (GC8)

half decent guide,
Well a rough idea ,all I can guess is the plug has worked loose due to the impact.

How To Remove Car Door Panels - 2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Old 11 Nov 2018, 01:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Good guide but the classic door handles are different. I mean most of it would work if i need to remove the the door cards.

After googling the driver side window switches to see what holds it to the door card and to see what the electrical connection looks like.
The window switches are held in place by 1 possibly 2 of those weird clips which is a peice of metal slide over the plastic on the switch which is then inserted into the door card handle. All the 2nd hand ones look like there is something snapped off, cant find a new one to confirm it.

As for the electrics its just 1 big block that clicks in place.
Im going to try and gently pry it out.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 11:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by alunian View Post
Good guide but the classic door handles are different. I mean most of it would work if i need to remove the the door cards.

After googling the driver side window switches to see what holds it to the door card and to see what the electrical connection looks like.
The window switches are held in place by 1 possibly 2 of those weird clips which is a peice of metal slide over the plastic on the switch which is then inserted into the door card handle. All the 2nd hand ones look like there is something snapped off, cant find a new one to confirm it.

As for the electrics its just 1 big block that clicks in place.
Im going to try and gently pry it out.
TBH most cars are very similar so its a case of a good look and a gentle pull lol

If that plug isn`t loose then you have a very random fault after a bump.