Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Annoying Seat-Belt Chime

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Apr 2016, 02:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Angry Annoying Seat-Belt Chime

Hello everyone.

I have an issue with the seat belt chime NEVER turning off. I made the mistake of cutting the wires before learning about the 20 click mod. The interesting thing is when I first cut the drivers side, it worked, but then I tried cutting the passenger side and now the chime never turns off and the airbag light went off.

The dealership wants to charge me $200 for a new seat belt but doesn't assure the sound to stop and they lied to me about ordering the part on time.

I pulled out the fuse the sound stopped but my car wouldn't go into reverse,

Does anybody have any other solutions to this problem?

Last edited by Impreza818; 09 Apr 2016 at 01:00 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2016, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Re: Annoying Seat-Belt Chime

Hi if that was me I would remove the seat if it is required to make room, solder or crimp the wires back together, put seat back in if it is required ,plug the fuse back in, then try the 20 click method to disable the chime.

In your case it sounds like you may need to do both passenger and driver side. You could just try putting the driver side back together then do the 20 click method to disable the chime as that is the side that enables/disables it.
Old 09 Apr 2016, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: Annoying Seat-Belt Chime

Thank you for your reply, I was wondering if you or anybody else knows where the speaker for the chime is located and how to access/identify it.

Given that I don't have much experience working with cars and my time is limited I will resort taking out the seats and reconnect the wires as a second to last resort,

Much appreciated
Offline   Reply With Quote