Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Impreza fog light help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2016, 12:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Impreza fog light help

I just picked up a set of fogs for my TS Wagon and one of the connectors is broken and I need a new one but cannot find one anywhere, anyone tell me what it is called,it's the connector you plug the fog light into the harness
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (67.7 KB, 4 views)
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2016, 12:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Re: Impreza fog light help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02bugeye View Post
I just picked up a set of fogs for my TS Wagon and one of the connectors is broken and I need a new one but cannot find one anywhere, anyone tell me what it is called,it's the connector you plug the fog light into the harness
Hi No idea, but you do have a number of options: 1 cut the plug/harness off and solder the wires directly together. 2 cut the plugs of and replace them with crimping blocks (1 for each wire). 3 Go to a scrap yard and try and source one from there and fit it to the existing wires. 4. Ask Subaru dealer but I have a feeling if its the plug/harness that goes on the wire from the car to the fog light it will be expensive and awkward to replace.

Personally I would just solder the wires directly and make sure to use heat/shrink wrap or electrical type to cover the joint. I've already replaced my standard fog lights with DRL's and I have soldered them on, been on for 2 years with no problems.

Last edited by alunian; 17 Mar 2016 at 12:28 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote