Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

bypass immobilizer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Feb 2015, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

bypass immobilizer

Hi,
my story is bit long, I was having impriza (left hand side) 2006 2.0R (not tubro) for sure it is having immobilizer, then I did swap with JDM wrx 2001 (wiring harness was right hand side), and JDM version comes without immobilizer, the car works bit fine but I wasn't happy since I was not able to reflash the ECU, because some wrong wiring, after around 1 year, I bought complete wiring harness from sti 2003 part out car, I took complete wiring harness (original left hand side) for the car, ECU, immobilizer, switch, key.
I keep the parts side till I decide to change the whole wiring, and I didn't with my brother, but after finishing I missed the new key
so I tried to start it with my original key (different than wiring and ECU key), but the security light in the dashboard is lighting, so I some guy who is working to program keys and he tried to program my key to be compatible with ECU and immobilizer with no luck, so now I have 2 option in my mind:
1- find a way to program the key
2- find a way to bypass immobilizer system

any help is highly appreciated

Thanks all in advance
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2015, 06:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: bypass immobilizer

No one is having any suggestions.
mmm
still I have one more option; to put back old wiring harness and to have after market ECU
Offline   Reply With Quote