Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Wont start?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jul 2013, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Wont start?

Hello all,

I have a 99, wrx sti type R version 5! It's been dry stored under a sheet for a couple of years as I had other commitments....

Anyway I have got it back on the road and everything was great...until the check engine light came on... Then all of a sudden the car started to intermittently stop starting... It will turn over and fire, but only for a second then dies.. I read the codes which indicated a knock sensor and a pressure sensor, I changed the knock for a new one and reset the ecu and drove about 10 metres, then again the check engine light came on again, but then went off.. the code was 45 anyway after doing a lot of research, I found it to be the map sensor. So I changed this but no difference, in fact the car is now constantly not starting.. Then all of a sudden if I go to it at a different time it will start straight away... Or If I disconnect the maf air flow sensor plug... Then it will start straight away... It has had a new maf as well but still the same...

I have checked all the pipe work, connections, battery's good, full tank of fuel, recently had a walbro fuel pump and full engine rebuild.

I think it's a wiring fault.. Earth/wire breakage? Any ideas or does this sound familiar to anyone..

HELP
Offline   Reply With Quote