Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Dim High Beams and No License Plate Lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jun 2012, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Dim High Beams and No License Plate Lights

Hi everyone,

I recently replaced my head unit and was installing a backup camera for the hell of it. I wired the backup camera power wire into my license plate lights and the lights and the camera wouldn't work. I just finished rewiring the license plate lights to how they were originally and they still don't work.

Also, my high beams are extremely dim. My car is a brand new 2012 Impreza base model with barely over 5000 miles on it. The bulbs can't be bad because they are both doing the same thing. I checked the fuse and it's fine.

Anyone have any ideas for these problems? Not sure if they're related or not but they both happened at the same time.

Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2012, 06:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: Dim High Beams and No License Plate Lights

Figured it out - bad fuse. I think it was number 15 (under the hood) in the owner's manual.
Offline   Reply With Quote