Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

electrical issues (radio/interior light/ignition light)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Sep 2011, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

electrical issues - 03 WRX (radio/interior light/ignition light)

right, this one is causing me a headache, to run through the problems(one im not sure is though)

Radio (clarion) - this has been working fine up until recently then it decided to just stop working for no reason, it still lights up when the light are switched on (not the display), and you can still eject CD's, but nothing else, though wierdly last week (a week after if first died) it came on when the car was started, but came up with a message, something along the lines of "press power system check up" pressed power as asked, then it said "checking", then "completed" once this screen came up, pressed the power button, and it came on, though everything was reset, this happened twice, but since the last time it hasnt worked

I believe i have checked every fuse (though i dont have an owners manual which doesnt help) and i removed the radio to check all the wiring which seemed to all be fine, so im completely confused on this!

interior light - this has never worked since we have owned the car quite simply, works when you switch it on manually, but in the central position, it will not operate upon opening any of the doors, once again, i thhnk ive checked all the fuses, but no luck there either!

ignition barrel light surround - now the only reason i meantion this when i have been searching for an answer for my problem, this was something that was coming up, i didnt think it even lit up, and it may not, but if it does, does it have any baring on the above problems i have?

any help would be massively appreciated!

al9955

Last edited by al9955; 30 Sep 2011 at 09:00 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2011, 07:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: electrical issues (radio/interior light/ignition light)

the fuse has blown for the accessory circuit from the sounds of it, re check your fuses,
have you checked the fuses behind the coin tray(lower RH side) of dash
Old 02 Oct 2011, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyworx View Post
the fuse has blown for the accessory circuit from the sounds of it, re check your fuses,
have you checked the fuses behind the coin tray(lower RH side) of dash
i have checked the fuses in the engine bay and behind the coin pocket, though i only checked the labelled oens which looke relevent to my problem, which one would be the accessory circuit fuse?

al9955
Old 02 Oct 2011, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

normally 15a on row 3, but just check every fuse.