Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Miss firing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jul 2011, 07:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Miss firing

I met miss firing at work the other day, well, what can I say!
Serious though, I have a basic 1995 Impreza with the 1600. For the past 6 months the fuel pump has been playing up. It stopped! RACV towed it to Kmart where a new pump was fitted. BUT, then they could not get it going and passed it back to me saying that I needed an auto electrician. "NO BUTS." I thought I would see what was wrong. I played around with it but couldn't hear the fuel pump until a few hours into it when I opened the throttle. Happy I put some Start ya barsted in again and "BOOM" it sent a flame into my new air filter setting it alight. Confused I searched for the dizzy. I came back to my computer and searched here more. I found the wires under the dash and connected them. "Cool, the check engine light was flashing. Time to count. 1,2,3,-----100, 101,102. Hang on there is something wrong here surely?
Time to go and get my stuck tail gate on my Nissan Patrol open, it will be less frustrating if I ask advice here. Thanks, Karu

Last edited by Karu; 02 Jul 2011 at 01:53 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jul 2011, 07:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: Miss firing

So fellow members, even though it has a new fuel pump it does not pump fuel. I put a test light on the fuel pump plug and it gave a dull glow on one of the bottom corner contacts. Any ideas anyone. If it requires a new relay which one do I replace as I cannot find reference to it in my owners manual or on the fuse boxes. Thanks.
Old 08 Jul 2011, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Surely some one must know! I know the relay is above the fuse box behind the dash, but which one. Also, I have no tail lights, could this be a related problem?
Old 11 Jul 2011, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karu View Post
Surely some one must know! I know the relay is above the fuse box behind the dash, but which one. Also, I have no tail lights, could this be a related problem?
Start a new thread in technical and include more specific detail about the fault. You may get more info.