Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Electrical (Including ICE)

Subaru Impreza Forum

Car Battery Questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Feb 2011, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Car Battery Questions...

I'm going abroad for 6-7 months later this year... and obviously I want to keep my beloved scooby for my return!!

So my question really revolves around the car's battery. Am I right in assuming that it will need to be charged regularly, as I can't see the battery lasting six months or so without the car being driven???

Also, I've got a Clifford G5 alarm - from previous experience, with an old MG Rover, if the battery did die then alarm sounds constantly as the alarm thinks that someone has cut the battery. Is this the case with Cliffords? I obviously don't want to annoy the neighbours with an everlasting car alarm siren lol.

Last question (I promise) I've seen trickle chargers on the market that keep a car battery "topped up" do these really work? And if so, will buying one and plugging it keep my scooby happy for 6 months?

Or alternatively, will a brand new battery last 6 months if I bought one?? Thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Re: Car Battery Questions...

Yes they do work I had a solar powered one on a Audi I had and when I moved here my car was still in Wales in work I picked it up 5mths later started no probs
Old 24 Feb 2011, 10:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Re: Car Battery Questions...

heard good reports about the solar chargers