Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Non Impreza Related > Computer Internet Related Stuff

Subaru Impreza Forum

question for phil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2006, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Send a message via AIM to GHBNIC Send a message via MSN to GHBNIC
question for phil

ever since i did that test wiv ya on graphics cpu etc... my screen keeps going a blue tint the going back normal, this is really gettin on my nerves now. any ideas m8? tryed my monitor on other comp and seems to be fine.. not got any error msg yet but it is gettin worse... put the on board graphics on and it still does it so it not the monitor nor graphics card so that leaves mobo but i aint clocked or mess around wiv it ever... Help needed...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2006, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
By the sounds of it mate then, it looks to be a problem with the board. If you have tried different graphics cards in the system and its not doing it, but if you've got on board graphics and its doing it then, it does seem wrong and sounds like the board.

What motherboard do you have? I can try and have a search around to see whether or not I can find some help with someone having the same board and if they have had/have got the same problem..
Old 16 Sep 2006, 06:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Send a message via AIM to GHBNIC Send a message via MSN to GHBNIC
yer i up and runnin again think the prob was the graphics card fan was full of dust,dog hair, baked beans, pasta and a small piece of pork pie!!!.lol. giv it a gud clean out and it seems fine at the min... fingers crossed...
Old 16 Sep 2006, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
It always pays to clean out the PC. I know this might sound really stupid, but with air cooling, the fan attractes dust and that will make the PC over time, get hotter.

Every 6 months just open the case and have a look inside with it turned off. If its getting dusted up, you'll see it on the fan on the CPU, so clean it off and if needed have a look around. If you graphics card has a fan, take a look and if its covered in crap, clean it off to.

No need to be afraid of taking things apart as you can see where you took them from, so its just a matter of putting them back together

Anyone ever gets stuck, please give me a shout through the site or either over MSN. Or if your really brave, ask for my mobile or home number!! I might even pop over