Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Car Care - Make your car sparkle

Subaru Impreza Forum

New years clean.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Dec 2008, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

New years clean.

Gave the car the obligatory New Years Clean today and gave it a good going over. Decided today to get a good few coats of wax on so stripped all the existing protection off of the car then gave it a good wash and dried it thoroughly. Paint looked great so decided against using any polishes/cleansers and to be honest couldn't really be bothered having spent the last 3 days cleaning the house top to bottom.

Following pics are after 2 coats of 'Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection' (left 1st coat 3 hours whilst i had lunch and did tyres, can't be fagged with 24 hours tbh) followed by 2 coats of my 15 quid Japanese wax. This is by far the best reasonably priced wax (for appearance, use the Blackfire for protection anyway) I've used so far in Japan.

Sadly my comedy phone just doesn't do the finish justice, whilst it is by no means perfect or up to Dave's standard it is definitely the best and deepest shine I've evr head on my car.

Also included some interior shots, not becuse i cleaned it today (did it thoroughly last weekend anyway) but because seen Daves interior a few times and interested to see what differences (if any) there are between JDM and UK cars.

The Wax;

Finished car;

Interior pics;

It's funny coz my interior is Grey, but actually looks Brown in the pics. That the same colour as yours Dave?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2008, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: New years clean.

dam thats a shiny car mate looks awsome
Old 31 Dec 2008, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

Gotta be honest wayne i dont think theres anything in the shine between mine and yours if im honest, remember mines darker so tends to reflect more stuff off of it,front passenger side wing/rear quarter and the back of the car are all looking lovely mate in them pics there.

As for your interior-looks brown the dash to me theres actually less diference between them than i thought there`d be,and whats happening with your seats are the fronts or rear original??Guessing the rear based on doorpanel fabric but look a bit plain.

By the way the plastic bung to cover the screw head in passenger door panel-Is it missing as a lightweight feature on purpose?? lol .

Last edited by uk dave; 31 Dec 2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 31 Dec 2008, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Thanks Dave, but it doesn't have the depth of shine or slickness yours does, partly the colour as you say but think thers a little more to it.

I've seen cars in my colour looking better than mine (machine polished mind you). Was looking at it today and reckon might be worth investing in a full re-spray next year if it aint too pricey rather than buying a rotary and all the gubbins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave View Post
As for your interior-looks brown the dash to me theres actually less diference between them than i thought there`d be,and whats happening with your seats are the fronts or rear original??Guessing the rear based on doorpanel fabric but look a bit plain.
All original. Its a Version 5 Limited STi so they have the Ltd edition front blue seats (withe SWRT swooshy thing and STi stitched in) but rears are standard and always plain black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave
By the way the plastic bung to cover the screw head in passenger door panel-Is it missing as a lightweight feature on purpose?? lol .
Every little helps mate! Especially when mine seems to have been loaded up with every option possible from factory adding about 50 kilo's.

(if you're wondering whay I aint out on the beers tonight and being a saddo stuck in on PC, wife wanted to stay in and watch Jap Telly. You think UK TV is bad...)
Old 31 Dec 2008, 05:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Thats weird about the seats didnt know that,i know i`d be taking it away from original but i`d have to get the rear retrimmed the same colour-im funny like that like all things even/and possibly the trimmed door panel bits aswell-as is uk turbo`s look plain all over inside - so if ya like im happy that at least it looks boring everywhere lol.

Think alot of the depth ya mention wayne`s down to waxes-i can actually live without waxes totally and my car will look cool just using sealants,however when ya apply wax after not using for a while realise it does give that little bit extra warmth/glow to the overall appearance.

Really dont think your car needs painting.

Last edited by uk dave; 31 Dec 2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 31 Dec 2008, 05:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Mint Wayne great shine to it you f**ker you have the blue seats they mint love them in mine wana swap ha ha gotta say id like the electics in mine all manual in mine get fed up with the winding windows looks like back in the days love steering wheel to all is what your short is the sparkle in the pictures seriously v v nice
Old 31 Dec 2008, 05:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
Every little helps mate! Especially when mine seems to have been loaded up with every option possible from factory adding about 50 kilo's.
He He uk turbo no sunroof/no aircon .....Race ya (joke)
Old 01 Jan 2009, 06:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
All original. Its a Version 5 Limited STi so they have the Ltd edition front blue seats Especially when mine seems to have been loaded up with every option possible from factory adding about 50 kilo's.
Would I be right in saying aswell you get the electrics a/c and the foglights and rear 3 windows privacy glass in the limited Wayne?...................
Old 01 Jan 2009, 09:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

What an amazing shine. I'm sooooooo jealous.
Old 02 Jan 2009, 02:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiimpreza1984 View Post
Would I be right in saying aswell you get the electrics a/c and the foglights and rear 3 windows privacy glass in the limited Wayne?...................
Think so regarding electrics. Not sure about the tints; never seen a Ltd version 5 or 6 sedan without the tints. Drove a V6 Ltd STi wagon with no tints though.

Fogs lights were not standard. They left the factory with the covers on. Tbh they are very handy on the little mountain roads here so you can see edges properly.
Old 03 Jan 2009, 04:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Just seen the photo's mate and it looks great, i am definately going to get my shine up to your standard, great job mate.
Ian
Old 09 Jan 2009, 01:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Nice Job, good work!!!
But tell me:
No pub available in Japan for the new year eve?
Don't tell me you went to sleep at 8 pm of December 31 in order to clean your ride the following day!?