Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Car Care - Make your car sparkle

Subaru Impreza Forum

Well were a decent day so got the glaze out...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Dec 2007, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Well were a decent day so got the glaze out...

Temp were just right today so thought i`d have plenty of time to wash/leather/glaze/wax my car hmmmmmmmm .........were struggling for light in the end, pleased with the results though(as i dont use glaze very often)i have to really feel like doin it.

Used my regular glaze which is meguiars showcar glaze followed with 2 coats of pinnacle xmt 180 wax....lurrve this wax leaves a really flat shine each time ya use it-only trouble is ya use quite a lot each time as its quite soft as waxes go.

Last edited by uk dave; 30 Dec 2007 at 06:12 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2007, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via MSN to tiny
nice one Dave, i see you even managed to get a pic with the front end in lol

Didn`t you say it was damaged or something? Doesn`t look bad to me
Old 30 Dec 2007, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

lol just for you mate next time i take some pics will include the slight kink/marks in the bumper from where i tapped (using a bit of artistic license)the bk of a hyundai coupe but showin me age here ref "days of thunder" rubbing`s racing pmsl thats my excuse anyway lol

straightened it out meself, it pushed headlight/grill bk about 2 inch at the time breaking clip for grill off headlight which is a right pisser coz i nead a headlight for the grill clip and also a grill as the bit that clips into the headlights also gone,smashed driving light and headlamp washer/ straightened frontpanel ok-for me to be happy would want new headlight/grill and bumper but coz it dont look bad its took me a long while to think about sorting it-but i will-eventually.

Last edited by uk dave; 30 Dec 2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 08:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Wow Dave, the shine on your car looks great. (Nice mirror finish).

Old 30 Dec 2007, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Fair comment Dave, if its any consolation its not too visible in pictures. Even looking really closely I haven`t been able to see anything. I know what you mean about "rubbings racing" and I`m only 24 lol

Besides, it can`t have been too bad if you were able to push it all out
Old 30 Dec 2007, 09:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Well pete my plan is after trying Ex over collinite the other wk an getting

Since has had the petes 53wax which were ok i suppose,however better with the EX over the top

So i thought fair enough ideally its polish/sealant/glaze/wax so if i start again at the sealant stage hence just washing today and as it had already had EX the other day/wk started with the glaze then wax today for above results however during this nxt wk im going over it with collinite if im not happy with that finish bk over again with ex as i know what to expect from ex over collinite but meanwhile the glaze and other wax seems to give more depth.

If it werent for glaze bein such a time consuming arse of a job would have gone for collinite today as glaze takes some buffing off trust me-however collinites a pain aswell an i hadnt got patience for em both in the same session pmsl

Cheers for the kind comments though mate-sometimes(not always)there is method in my madness/obsession
Old 30 Dec 2007, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny View Post
Fair comment Dave, if its any consolation its not too visible in pictures. Even looking really closely I haven`t been able to see anything. I know what you mean about "rubbings racing" and I`m only 24 lol

Besides, it can`t have been too bad if you were able to push it all out
Aint that what ratchet straps are for Pmsl nah it werent that bad mate.Bumper is as it were just had a couple of scrapes on it only kinked coz the initial hit twisted the support(what your coolers bolted to) upwards an took top facing side of bumper up say an inch with it.

I follow too close thats me trouble other than on motorways or "if i`m in the zone" lol leave overtakin a bit late... this time i came a cropper.

106gti i had before this i did roughly the same though that were coz i`d dropped me maccy`ds on me alcantara looked down to rub mayo off whilst car in front of me braked for car in front of him late indicating...............meanwhile i looked up sh*t for a split second thought i`d miss it but it were wet and even with good abs it were too late-bye bye morettes/bonnet/frontpanel and rad were gutted this friday afternoon i`d gone to mcdonalds on me way home from work an i`d never bothered at all before on me way home from work-thought fook me on a normal day i`d av been at home by now-gutted(ratchet strap were needed this time )
Old 30 Dec 2007, 09:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

By the way pete your a bit of a dark horse with the finish on yours-you dont put pics up much but when ya have ive always been errr where did that finish come from-i think your still quietly confident yours is pretty immaculate you just humour me an the others on here

P.S. Were looking at evo`s on pistonheads last night my god if i had 10k now i`d be a happy bunny.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 11:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Young Scooby
Paid & Proud

how do you find the time to keep it like that, washed mine today and 10 mins later its back covered in muddy waterstreeks, do you drive it.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 11:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

ya know i own 2 cars dont ya lol

Most of the time the micra-cheap tax/petrol/insurance/tyres, use it for goin to work/shopping or anywhere i dont wanna leave the scooby-though im forced into using it in the crap weather at the mo as ive leant the micra me sister as her vectras knackered so untill she buys a decent car im bk to the scooby as main car.

I know it wont come bk in the condition i gave it her in though lol

Old 31 Dec 2007, 12:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

to be fair mate, that Micra`s in pretty good condition
Old 31 Dec 2007, 12:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

for 122,000mile its not bad were lookin at a skyline on a detailin forum last wk an fell in love with it- my experience with nissan at the mo could well lead me down the skyline route in future years i know its chalk an cheese but the micras so reliable and costs nothing to run though parts when you do want them are expensive i wouldnt even consider owning an equivalent subaru/ford with the same mileage-bought for 600 from a garage 2.5yrs ago an gone straight through 2 mot`s-nissan lover for life.

Last edited by uk dave; 31 Dec 2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old 31 Dec 2007, 11:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

fair enough mate, I was originally looking at an r33 when i bought my uk turbo. Something about it just didn`t seem quite right though. I`m not saying by any means i`d rule out owning one, although they`re big cars for such a small island lol
Old 31 Dec 2007, 01:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny View Post
fair enough mate, I was originally looking at an r33 when i bought my uk turbo. Something about it just didn`t seem quite right though. I`m not saying by any means i`d rule out owning one, although they`re big cars for such a small island lol
I looked at an R33 too. You're right, they are too big and I'm glad i got a scoob instead. Prefer the R32's myself. TBH, if i was looking at a Nissan it'd be a Sylvia, but ultimately I'd have an RX7 if i could afford to run it.

Back on topic, looking great as usual Dave. Even the Micra looks better than mine.
Old 31 Dec 2007, 01:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Have i really gotta put pics up for ya only to tell me you wouldnt want it...........yer right lol-Yay or nay as ive saved the pics and generally i aint a skyline fan-wont take me long to host em .....up to you folks