Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Car Care - Make your car sparkle

Subaru Impreza Forum

Poorboys Polish at Discounted prices for Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Oct 2005, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Poorboys Polish at Discounted prices for Members

Just to let you know
In the discount section I have managed to secure Poorboys polish and am passing on to you at discounted prices.
These are SIO prices that will not be available elsewhere.

http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subaru...pic.php?t=5591

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2005, 07:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
cant recommend this stuff enough the best polish ive ever used,ex sealant and ex-p did this to my scoobs, sooooo easy to use aswell,im choosy with anything to do with me cars hence ive just tried zymol(not impressed) and am currently looking to try swissol-though pretty sure i aint gonna beat poorboys for the price and ease of use/shine.
Old 08 Oct 2005, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to torrekens
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave
cant recommend this stuff enough the best polish ive ever used,ex sealant and ex-p did this to my scoobs, sooooo easy to use aswell,im choosy with anything to do with me cars hence ive just tried zymol(not impressed) and am currently looking to try swissol-though pretty sure i aint gonna beat poorboys for the price and ease of use/shine.
Dave, your car looks stunning.

We've had a discussion in former treads on Zymol as I seem to get good results with mine whereas you are unimpressed (althoug we do use different types of Zymol).

Question: how often do you wax your car with poorboys ?

I'm just thinking we might be looking for different qualities in the wax. I won't say Zymol really gives me a better shine (I' blind like a mole anyway 8) ), but it does fullfil my requirements on protection as it lasts VERY long and stands the climate really well.
Old 08 Oct 2005, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
did it about once a month not because it needed it just because the shine was noticably better each time i used it, tried zymol twice -cant see a difference the water beaded off just as well with the poorboys stuff p21`s been the best paste wax ive used so far,pinnacles souveran wax was actually better on my car than zymol(from a shine point of view)though ive got a nissan micra in red as a runabout and the pinnacle stuff is amazing on that-not disputing as a protectant the zymols ok,but who cares if theres no noticable change in the finish and im not gonna pay more than 50 for a wax when i can get that shine from poorboys for half the price :?(1bottle of ex sealant and 1 bottle of ex-p) but i will try swissol (just out of interest) then that will be it, my curiosity will be cured.
Old 08 Oct 2005, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to torrekens
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave
did it about once a month not because it needed it just because the shine was noticably better each time i used it, tried zymol twice -cant see a difference the water beaded off just as well with the poorboys stuff p21`s been the best paste wax ive used so far,pinnacles souveran wax was actually better on my car than zymol(from a shine point of view)though ive got a nissan mcra in red as a runabout and the pinnacle stuff is amazing on that-not disputing as a protectant the zymols ok,but who cares if theres no noticable change in the finish and im not gonna pay more than 50 for a wax when i can get that shine from poorboys for half the price :?(1bottle of ex sealant and 1 bottle of ex-p) but i will try swissol (just out of interest) then that will be it, my curiosity will be cured.
True, in the UK it's not such a drama as you can wax your car fairly often. So you can easily concentrate on getting a nice shine.

Check out my pics on the MY2003 Gallery and you'll see a few hairy :shock: things. You're not waxing between end October and end April anymore here... You're basically not even washing your car anymore. :wall:

Combine this with a job that gets you away from home for most of the year and the fact that you run another car that has a more demanding paintwork (metallic black), and you understand why I am a fan of a wax that lasts 9 months or more without touching :wink:

I'd be interested to check your scoob's paintwork out in real life once. It looks the works ! :up:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ished10053.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...inlandreal.jpg