Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > Announcements

Subaru Impreza Forum

I may be an offender of this but..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jun 2006, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
I may be an offender of this but..........

If im being honest dont think .orgs as good as it were, its inevitable i suppose as it gets more members you have less control,i like a laff much like the next bloke but to an extent if i want that i used to go on scoobynet im here for car talk mainly and ppl doin stuff to theirs etc but lately have seen a few threads where i just think WTF,think if there aint some sort of muppets section soon it could spoil a good site p.s dont hate me like i say i can be as much of a clown as the next bloke but u can get TOO much of it-sorry if anyone thinks i`m aiming this at them it isnt meant to read like that.*I already think the longer term members post less/create less new threads because of this-HELP stop me from goin back to scoobynet on a permanent basis or tell me to F.O. and dont come bk lol Think im just stating what a few ppl feel already.
Old 06 Jun 2006, 05:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

uuuummmmm...I no longer read most the stuff in general...but still look at the headings to see if there is anything worth reading..Things like
Word Association,
What are you listening to now?
The song game
lets play a game....
The 'lets take the piss thread'
Tidgys wise words
Should really be in another section..maybe a chat section for the Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun threads...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2006, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

or like on SWS have the daily chat thread
Old 06 Jun 2006, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
mal
Senior Scooby

tend to agree with you Dave......there seems to be a lot less technical info posted on here and more trivial stuff......the new posts section is full of posts i've got no interest in, takes me ages to sift through whats worth reading and what aint......well no not really, cos there aren't that many technical posts anymore....if any

I want to know more about my scooby if something goes wrong with it, also about what mods i can carry out and what benifits i can get from them......
that sort of stuff......

I'd still rather come on here than go anywhere else......if i want general chit chat i'd go to a general chit chat forum....hope that makes sense
Old 06 Jun 2006, 07:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Please do keep these comments coming - i welcome this thread and please post more honest information here for me to read. Obviously things will change as a result - to what extent is up to these comments - SO post away .

Thanks

Gareth
Old 06 Jun 2006, 07:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Dave, have to ask this after thinking about it....

Are you referring to the ( General Chat - Anything about Anything ) forum specifically? or are you talking site wide?

Many thanks in advance for being honest.

Gareth
Old 06 Jun 2006, 07:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Totally agree with both Bob and Mal i`m not trying to lose members,just think if you can seperate the car related stuff from the pissing about threads it`d be a lot better,with a section/s for it at least you know what to expect and like the threads bobs posted about above if i see too many like that i either switch off or go somewhere else,i know im one of the offenders especially with threads i start or am involved with going way of topic so from now on this will change-will still have a laff but will keep it on topic.I just think it`l look a better site to new members.
Old 06 Jun 2006, 08:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

I think that generally because theres no messin about/muppets whatever people generally are spoiling it site wide it just depends where they are/what post theyre reading at the time and how they feel they can make that subject funny -which i dont mind untill it gets stupid like i say im including myself in this gareth i know im sometimes an offender, but have got to the stage now where i sometimes feel its not the same site i joined and if nothing gets said it will really take a lot of getting bk to how it was,theres quite a few ppl on here i respect and would hate to see them vanish and leave us with............well lets see what happens.
Old 06 Jun 2006, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Thanks Dave

Ill sort something out over the coming days...

Gareth
Old 06 Jun 2006, 09:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
mal
Senior Scooby

i think we're all guilty of going off topic once in a while, it's just when it continues to esculate that causes the problem

i think the saying "first impressions count" rings true here......i'm not saying we're attracting the wrong people, but i think we might not be attracting enough of the more serious impreza owners either......(the one's with the technical info and experience)......i think that what they read initially might put them off.....thinking it's not a serious forum......or what i have noticed is that a few of the guys with the knowledge and experience no longer visit the forum, or very seldomly at least

maybe fewer (silly) threads or locking some threads already on here at the moment

anyway, thats my opinion....others probably won't agree with what i've said

i still like this forum, so lets not spoil it....lets make it bigger, better, more informative and helpful..... not sillier
Old 06 Jun 2006, 09:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I do agree and I think at times I can also add myself in there as well So, what about a general 'spamming' part to the .org Gareth? Something to keep the 'crap' out and make it easier to read for the rest of the guys and gals that do need the help rather than, what might be wise not to wear for the day or something ??

If there's anything I can do guys... Just shout
Old 06 Jun 2006, 09:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

Most sites have a muppet section or as SWS a utter rubbish section The mods do let a thread run in general for an hour or two but if they see it just muppet stuff its sent to the muppet area. The thread still carries on for days sometimes weeks but is away from serious stuff. A daily chat area also helps...We all like to have a laugh now and then but perhaps it would help if the muppet and rubbish stuff was kept in one section...and chat in another.
Old 06 Jun 2006, 09:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I do agree bob, it does help with things. But even on SWS there is a lot of un-needed stuff in the general section that perhaps should be in the muppet stuff...

I guess the mod's can only mod so much, so really, I guess its down to the members as well....
Old 06 Jun 2006, 10:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill-type-R
I do agree bob, it does help with things. But even on SWS there is a lot of un-needed stuff in the general section that perhaps should be in the muppet stuff...

I guess the mod's can only mod so much, so really, I guess its down to the members as well....
General is for general chat...could really be anything but when it gets silly its moved.. Have a look in SWS general Phill tell me what should not be there...Then look in utter rubbish.... This is where the muppet stuff is. Chat is also seperate so if I don't want to chat I can just mark as read....
Old 06 Jun 2006, 10:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

I odd few posts that are there might not need to be... I guess anything day to day could go in there but if its just another 'post counter boost thingy' then it should perhaps go in the muppet bit...

I dont know mate, I've not been there for a little while really..